• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Carteyano

Hi. I'm Tomás and I just bought a second-hand Luke III. It is the Olive Gold finish, with the rosewood neck. I am being uncomfortable to play because it has huge frets, and I am used to smaller frets, like those of Luke II. Anyone know what kind of frets are those? Thanks for the answers.

mikeller

I am going to make a guess that someone has re-fretted it. New they came with the same low profile-wide frets the current Luke III's (and Luke II's) were offered with.

Magic Jason

Refretted for sure.

I owned 2 Luke III Olive Gold that I foolishly sold.

Realizing my mistake, I bought a BFR. Didn't like it as much as the Olive Gold.

Bought a "regular". Didn't like it as much as the Olive Gold.

Finally "repurchased" one in July! And it is going nowhere.

IMHO the rosewood neck is "a bit" sweeter sounding. And the Olive Gold finish makes it the best LUKE you can purchase!

They are getting difficult to find, in Europe at least...

Oh yeah, all of them had the same-sized frets. BFR having stainless ones, I believe.

Last edited:

Carteyano

I am going to make a guess that someone has re-fretted it. New they came with the same low profile-wide frets the current Luke III's (and Luke II's) were offered with.

My Luke III is from 2012. What frets are now? The Dunlop 6105?

mikeller

My Luke III is from 2012. What frets are now? The Dunlop 6105?

They only offered the Luke III in Olive Gold with full rosewood neck for one year (2012). I am not sure the fret #, its listed on the website as Low Profile-Wide. Same as current. I have one of those guitars purchased new in 2012 - like Magic Jason said they are special, and getting hard to find.

Top Bottom