• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Vadauco

I've owned the original JP6 and also a JP6 BFR in the past. The neck profiles are the same, and I know it really well.

Now I'm considering a Majesty, but there's no one close to the city I live. I'd love to have one in my hands, but it's not possible. :(

So, for those of you who have experience with both... how would you compare the neck profiles?

I've read the specs, I'm more interested in how your hand felt them.

Daniel

I've owned the original JP6 and also a JP6 BFR in the past. The neck profiles are the same, and I know it really well.

Now I'm considering a Majesty, but there's no one close to the city I live. I'd love to have one in my hands, but it's not possible. :(

So, for those of you who have experience with both... how would you compare the neck profiles?

I've read the specs, I'm more interested in how your hand felt them.

Hi Vadauco,
The neck profiles at the nut are the same and at the heal are 0.011" wider on the Majesty before sanding. The neck is also 0.030" thinner at the neck joint.

Vadauco

Slightly thicker. Not something to put you off.

I've read that it's slightly thicker, thanks for confirming this.

The neck profiles at the nut are the same and at the heal are 0.011" wider on the Majesty before sanding. The neck is also 0.030" thinner at the neck joint.

By looking at pictures, judging by the string spacing at the last frets, I always had the impression that Majesty heel was wider... thanks for confirming this. To me it's a very welcomed change, since the strings were too close to the edge of the fretboard in the JP6 neck. Thank you.

Top Bottom