• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GregP

No Ordinary Joe: Why it’s time you get to know Vulfpeck’s Joe Dart and his Ernie Ball Music Man Artist Series bass – Ernie Ball Music Man

"The Joe Dart Artist Series Signature bass sold out within minutes of it being released on Vulfpeck’s website! However, Ernie Ball Music Man will be making announcements soon on what’s to come for this partnership and the future of this instrument for bassists and fans everywhere.Stay tuned!"

I will be staying tuned!!! I hope we get a second chance to buy this beautiful minimalist masterpiece. :)

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

With that huge volume knob, I was kinda expecting all kinds of volume swells and such. It's a nice looking bass though, definitely. Just, I need my active EQ. Sorry.

Samoht

I hope they do make more of them. It's a cool idea, and sounds great. It's neat to read that Sterling was able to reach out to Joe/Jack and get this signature bass done after seeing Joe playing EBMM basses with Vulfpeck.

GregP

With that huge volume knob, I was kinda expecting all kinds of volume swells and such. It's a nice looking bass though, definitely. Just, I need my active EQ. Sorry.
What I think would be cool is if they Incorporated a buffer preamp with a passive tone control. They can make them concentric knobs...to retain the look. :)

But if they do release them again I'd appreciate them shipping some to Sweetwater so we can finance them :p

Last edited:

Samoht

I have a question for my EBMM frens. What does "svelte contouring that ultimately puts the player in charge" mean? Here's the full context:

"He opted for nothing but a lightweight ash body, a velvet natural finish, and svelte contouring that ultimately puts the player in charge."

tbonesullivan

That means that the body contours were changed per his specs for maximum comfort while playing in the style that he does.

Samoht

That means that the body contours were changed per his specs for maximum comfort while playing in the style that he does.

Thanks Tbone! I wonder how it differs from the regular Sterling bass. It just seems like a vague way to say something about the body contours....is the body slimmer? Arm and gut contours changed? Body edge radius different?

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

From the pictures I can see, the body really does look like a standard sterling shape, but they may have increased the forearm contour a little, or just tweaked it. Maybe the neck profile is different? A little tweaking can go a long way.

GregP

I'm wondering what the reason was that EBMM didn't sell this model through it's dealers? I've read on some forums that EBMM doesn't do signature models for it's basses. But you know it's the internet which is rife with misinformation. Perhaps this explains why it wasn't sold through it's dealers?

Shingo

I am really really waiting for selling Joe Dart model again. I never seen such strong sound, sofisticated design. I'd like to receive message if EBMM is starting to sell the model.

FixHD

Hey there, are any updates about the bass out yet? I definitely hope there's gonna be a chance that they come to Europe, too! I want one so bad!!

DrMatthewCross

It's a nice looking instrument, I never tried one but I bet it's great.
Honestly, they should re-release both Cutlass and Caprice basses, or come up with a v2, maybe? If they release a new line of passive basses I'm sure a lot of people would be interested. I like having an active EQ on the bass of course, but man... the Caprice is just insanely good.

Top Bottom