• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Asafender

Hi guys,
I would like to know the manufacturing year of my Sterling bass because I literally can't find it anywhere.
The number is: SR36542.
Thank you all

Asafender

It doesn't work.
It's explicitly written that they only show Stingrays and not OLP and sterling basses

danny-79

Thanks, already did that.

Ps. If you know the serial of SR36542 it would be helpful.

I don’t know about the Sterling by Musicman or even if detailed record are kept.
With EBMM serials the letter at the start is relevant to the model and the numbers are completely random and don’t mean anything, have no significance to date of manufacture as the neck plates are picked at random then details of that new instrument are then recorded and kept by EBMM.

Asafender

Well I think it's stupid that this guitar brand don't have the records of their guitars manufacturing year.
I would say that it's shameful.
Every brand should have the records of the manufacturing year.

tbonesullivan

Well I think it's stupid that this guitar brand don't have the records of their guitars manufacturing year.
I would say that it's shameful.
Every brand should have the records of the manufacturing year.
Quite a number of brands do not have any specific timeline or "method" for their serial numbers. Especially import guitars, the serial numbers may or may not have any relation to the guitar and when it was made. In some cases the serial number may be from the actual factory, and not related to the company the guitar was made for.

Your only option is to wait to see if you can get information from Sterling by Music Man.

Of course, you haven't even told us what type of bass you have, which could help narrow down when it was produced. Why is it so important than you know exactly when it was made? It's a guitar, not a car.

Asafender

I don't think I'll ever get the manufacturing year.
I have 2015 ( joke, I don't even know ) sterling by Music man bass.
Swamp ash body, maple neck and black pickguard, basically the blonde model.
SR36542.
I think every bass player should know the year of birth of his instrument.
Look at your signature for example. Every bass has it's own " birth year ".
Mine too but I don't know it

Asafender

FWI - sterling bass that where made in Indonesia actually have the records for their manufacturing year.
I sent them an email and they answered me.
SR36542 was built at 2018

LowBLuck

It pulled up my Sterling bass with no issues. Found the date code, build code, etc. I would love to know what my build code means.

potties85

Hi, do you still have the email address of Sterling in Indonesia? I would like to contact them as well for records.

Top Bottom