• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SoldierScar

Hello, did anyone ever experience this? The strings were brand new completely packed acoustic Ernie Ball Earthwood Silk and Steel Extra Soft 10-50 strings, 4 strings looked kind of normal but b and high e strings were really rusty, not at the whole lenght but there were little parts at the string totally corroded (dark brown), it felt really rough when i touched it and broke apart easiely at those places. Then i look at the package and it said corrosion resistant lol, i had to laugh. I doubt i can get a refund for this from the place i bought, not even gonna bother..im just wondering if any of you guys experienced something like this? Like how could it happen? What could go wrong with the manufacturing process? Because they were perfectly packed.

Daniel

Hello, did anyone ever experience this? The strings were brand new completely packed acoustic Ernie Ball Earthwood Silk and Steel Extra Soft 10-50 strings, 4 strings looked kind of normal but b and high e strings were really rusty, not at the whole lenght but there were little parts at the string totally corroded (dark brown), it felt really rough when i touched it and broke apart easiely at those places. Then i look at the package and it said corrosion resistant lol, i had to laugh. I doubt i can get a refund for this from the place i bought, not even gonna bother..im just wondering if any of you guys experienced something like this? Like how could it happen? What could go wrong with the manufacturing process? Because they were perfectly packed.

Hi there,
Sorry to hear you had an issue with your strings. Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll take care of you.

antonio1

I had a similar experience recently.
I bought a three pack of super slinky's from a reputable e bay seller here in the uk, and the strings looked fine ,but after playing a gig on inspection the following day ,there was some really excessive rust coated on all the strings, and my tips went black playing a chord, so i re-strung with another set for the following nights gig.
Again they looked fine , but with an even worse outcome, as i ended up breaking two mid gig.
I've been using Ernie Ball's for over thirty years and never had such an experience ,so i'm now wondering if these strings were possible fakes?
Not sure how i can prove this to the seller ,but i'm going to contact them anyway with my problem.

Top Bottom