• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MassEducation22

Hey all!

Since it is my first time using music man St Vincent guitar, I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the string cover (bridge) without breaking it?

Thank you!

Last edited:

dave1812

It's screwed on from the Bottom of the Bridgebaseplate
But why would you want to remove it?

MassEducation22

It's screwed on from the Bottom of the Bridgebaseplate
But why would you want to remove it?

I'm trying to change the strings myself. Because I have never used a music man before and I'm not sure how to change the strings with that type of bridge.

SilosRock

Hey there! It just covers the end of the furrels. String thru the back of the body. It will route through you furrel on whatever string you are replacing. If the strings are still on, just reverse that procedure!

- Nick

Last edited:

MassEducation22

Hey there! It just covers the end of the furrels. String thru the back of the body. It will route through you furrel on whatever string you are replacing. If the strings are still on, just reverse that procedure!

- Nick

Thank you! But the guitar is not string through body though.

SilosRock

Does it have a vintage trem? Even if not, im pretty certain it routes through the back of guitar. Either through the trem block or through the furrels into the saddles. That base plate just covers a portion of the saddles. I don't know why i called them furrels earlier lol. Gotta picture?

tbonesullivan

You don't need to remove the bridge plate. Just push the string through the holes in the back of the guitar, which are over the holes in the tremolo block. The string will come out the hole in the bridge plate, in the middle of the saddle.

jones4tone

You have one of the EBMM modern tremolo bridges. The cover does not need to be removed to change the strings. There is a hole in the bottom of the tremolo block (back side of the guitar) beneath each saddle, and the ball end of each string is in that hole. Just remove each string from its tuner, and then you can push the string down into the hole in the saddle, and it will come out of the hole in the trem block. You shouldn't even need to remove the trem cover on the back of the guitar to do this.

The bridge cover you asked about shouldn't ever need to be removed unless you are replacing saddles or putting a new trem block on the bridge. You can intonate the guitar and change strings with it in place.

MassEducation22

Does it have a vintage trem? Even if not, im pretty certain it routes through the back of guitar. Either through the trem block or through the furrels into the saddles. That base plate just covers a portion of the saddles. I don't know why i called them furrels earlier lol. Gotta picture?

I tried to upload the photo but it failed. It's called "St Vincent HHH".

MassEducation22

You don't need to remove the bridge plate. Just push the string through the holes in the back of the guitar, which are over the holes in the tremolo block. The string will come out the hole in the bridge plate, in the middle of the saddle.

Ahh, I see! I might have a look. Thank you!

MassEducation22

You have one of the EBMM modern tremolo bridges. The cover does not need to be removed to change the strings. There is a hole in the bottom of the tremolo block (back side of the guitar) beneath each saddle, and the ball end of each string is in that hole. Just remove each string from its tuner, and then you can push the string down into the hole in the saddle, and it will come out of the hole in the trem block. You shouldn't even need to remove the trem cover on the back of the guitar to do this.

The bridge cover you asked about shouldn't ever need to be removed unless you are replacing saddles or putting a new trem block on the bridge. You can intonate the guitar and change strings with it in place.

Aha! I see it! Thank you very much! :D I had no idea that it was a string though, all I knew the Sterling version which is not.

Also, how do you intonate the guitar? Is it the same thing as well?

Top Bottom