• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

MM Luke

Hello Guitarded friends! Love the new Lukes recently with the black hardware. I have a pearl purple Luke 2 that I'd like to change the chrome tuners and bridge to the black. Does EB sell these separately? Or does someone have a salvage guit that could sell me. LMK

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

johnnyboogie

We'd wish =D

I'm positive on the JP side of things, but you can always shoot them an email and inquire. Keep your expectations on the low side though =P

MM Luke

We'd wish =D

I'm positive on the JP side of things, but you can always shoot them an email and inquire. Keep your expectations on the low side though =P
I most likely will swop with one my newer Lukes. It's a shame EB isn't a bit more accommodating.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mr.b

They sure do. I've recently emailed MM CS about the same thing and they sent me the product numbers and a direct contact to my local distribution. So, ping MM CS and they'll sort you out ... as they always do.

johnnyboogie

They sure do. I've recently emailed MM CS about the same thing and they sent me the product numbers and a direct contact to my local distribution. So, ping MM CS and they'll sort you out ... as they always do.

We are referring to selling bridges separately, which they unfortunately do not. The rest of the hardware can be found pretty much anywhere because they are not of the EBMM brand.

mr.b

You can buy the bridge separately from MM directly through your local distributor ... however you need to send back your existing bridge as it is a proprietary unit/design.

johnnyboogie

You can buy the bridge separately from MM directly through your local distributor ... however you need to send back your existing bridge as it is a proprietary unit/design.

They don't sell different colour bridge than the one that comes with the guitar.

Example: I want to install a black bridge on a JPXI, which comes with chrome bridge. That is not possible.

To me, that is respected, but not accommodating.

beej

MM doesn't want mongrel guitars out there.

They will repair any instrument to the state it left the factory. This allows you to replace any broken proprietary hardware, but not swap it for something else.

johnnyboogie

MM doesn't want mongrel guitars out there.

They will repair any instrument to the state it left the factory. This allows you to replace any broken proprietary hardware, but not swap it for something else.

A JPXI with black hardware instead of chrome, is not a mongrel guitar.

Or any other EBMM guitar for that matter.

Also, custom artist models that are built upon the artist's personal preferences are not mongrel guitars.

And let's not forget that with enough cash you can bypass EBMM's tactic. Simply buy a guitar that has the hardware you need and install it on another EBMM guitar, or a custom made one.

This tactic of theirs is in essence obsolete. It only inhibits people of limited financial capacity to customize their instrument, but definitely not the ones with deeper pockets.

Last edited:

mr.b

I too appreciate that however I have an email, direct from MM CS, who have given me the part numbers for the black hardware I want to allow me to purchase the hardware directly from my local EBMM distributor (who have also agreed to the same) allowing me to swap out my chrome hardware on my BFR Luke 2 to black hardware per what's available on some of the L3's.

I was explicit with them in saying I wanted to swap out my chrome hardware for the current black hardware available. The only part they wanted returned was the bridge unit as all other parts are available to the general consumer.

Either they've changed their policy in the last week or so or your local distributor won't accommodate your requests.

Or ...

perhaps the situation is different between Luke & JP guitars.

If it would help you, I can send you on the email I received. Feel free to PM me you electronic mail address.

johnnyboogie

I too appreciate that however I have an email, direct from MM CS, who have given me the part numbers for the black hardware I want to allow me to purchase the hardware directly from my local EBMM distributor (who have also agreed to the same) allowing me to swap out my chrome hardware on my BFR Luke 2 to black hardware per what's available on some of the L3's.

I was explicit with them in saying I wanted to swap out my chrome hardware for the current black hardware available. The only part they wanted returned was the bridge unit as all other parts are available to the general consumer.

Either they've changed their policy in the last week or so or your local distributor won't accommodate your requests.

Or ...

perhaps the situation is different between Luke & JP guitars.

If it would help you, I can send you on the email I received. Feel free to PM me you electronic mail address.

That sounds awesome!!

I hope there has been a change in policy. I will shoot them an email as well and see what is going to happen.

You have possibly just made my day =D

Daniel

Hi guys,
It is possible to swap out your hardware now. The bridges and the neckplates are proprietary and would need to be returned to the factory or your nearest distributor before we can sell you the new parts. If you're looking for new hardware, shoot us an email at [email protected] and we'll help you out.

Top Bottom