• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Daniel

Hi Guys!
We are excited to announce the release of the Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay bass. This new bass offers a big thumpy, round sound in a convenient smaller package. A 30 inch scale allows for easier playability due to the shorter spacing between the frets. A new custom humbucking pickup - equipped with higher output neodymium magnets - has been specially designed for the short scale bass, providing the bass with its signature warm tone. Electronics include a three-way rotary switch featuring parallel, true single-coil, and series modes.
Check it out on our blog here: Short Scale, Big Sound: Introducing the New Short-Scale StingRay Bass – Ernie Ball Music Man

Short-Scale19-digital-assets-MPU-300x250.jpg

bovinehost

Administrator
If I were you, I'd wait for official word on this, but lemme ask you a question: if it sold well enough, making money, and it were your decision, would you keep it coming? I know I would.

reynplaysbass

Hi Guys!
We are excited to announce the release of the Ernie Ball Music Man Short-Scale StingRay bass. This new bass offers a big thumpy, round sound in a convenient smaller package. A 30 inch scale allows for easier playability due to the shorter spacing between the frets. A new custom humbucking pickup - equipped with higher output neodymium magnets - has been specially designed for the short scale bass, providing the bass with its signature warm tone. Electronics include a three-way rotary switch featuring parallel, true single-coil, and series modes.
Check it out on our blog here: Short Scale, Big Sound: Introducing the New Short-Scale StingRay Bass – Ernie Ball Music Man

View attachment 35746

If I were you, I'd wait for official word on this, but lemme ask you a question: if it sold well enough, making money, and it were your decision, would you keep it coming? I know I would.

Can’t wait to buy one! Looking at getting the Red one with Rosewood Fingerboard. GAS Attack for sure

Samoht

Thanks. I suppose I don’t understand how the information we already knew (limited run) relates to the broad public info release. I will wait for more info.

Fro

I know where the blue one went! If anyone is on the fence on one, grab it. Loads of fun to play.

five7

New Short Scale Stringray announced

Is it called a Stringray because of the shorter scale.

Last edited:

danny-79

Was wondering why Daniel called it a "Stringray"

Typo maybe?

Never had a 30in short scale bass, got a 32 acoustic. Just not something that’s ever been on my radar. Be nice to check one out before I pass judgment though

Samoht

Passive, but the default down position of the volume pot is limited, and the up position boost is the full output. Pretty cool. Would love for pertybass to get hold of one of these and demo it.

Michael Murphy

Typo maybe?

Never had a 30in short scale bass, got a 32 acoustic. Just not something that’s ever been on my radar. Be nice to check one out before I pass judgment though

The only things i like playing nearly as much as my Music Man basses are my 32" scale Kubickis. A 32" Stingray would be very interesting. But yeah, i'd love to try out one of these new 30's, they look super cool.

danny-79

The only things i like playing nearly as much as my Music Man basses are my 32" scale Kubickis. A 32" Stingray would be very interesting. But yeah, i'd love to try out one of these new 30's, they look super cool.

I’d love to check one out if they ever find their way to the UK (PMT, Guitar Guitar ?).

The 32in scale works great on my acoustic (Warwick Alien) it just gives it a little extra punch than any 34 acoustic I have tried. Bit of a nightmare finding string for it. It’s got flats on it now, only bass that has.

Top Bottom