• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dsky

I supposed this question can be applied to any EBMM guitar that has piezo, but when switching to, and out of, piezo there is an audible (and rather loud) "clink" sound produced through the amp. I'd liken the sound to plucking the section of the high E string between the tuning peg and the nut. Anyone else experiencing this / is this normal?

Thanks again everyone!

Vadauco

when switching to, and out of, piezo there is an audible (and rather loud) "clink" sound produced through the amp.

A video showing the issue would help us to understand what's going on.

dsky

Mono output, mono cable. Noise happens when both clean and distorted, though slightly louder when distorted. There is also a noise when switching the magnetic selector, but it’s duller and doesn’t have that “clink” noise. You can hear the clink sound when switching into piezo only, switching out of piezo to piezo/mag combo as well as from piezo/mag combo to mag only; and the duller sound when switching from mag only to piezo/mag combo.

2019 Majesty - piezo/mag selector switch clink noise - YouTube

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Great video. Clearly with a lot oif distortion some mechanical noise can become audible but I think witrh the volume knob rolled off an you still have noise, that needs to be addressed. If you have not already called customer service, you should.

Hey Daniel, you around?

dsky

Great video. Clearly with a lot oif distortion some mechanical noise can become audible but I think witrh the volume knob rolled off an you still have noise, that needs to be addressed. If you have not already called customer service, you should.

Hey Daniel, you around?

Thanks for the quick confirmation that it doesn’t sound quite right. This guitar is already going to be returned though - I posted a couple weeks ago about the used Majesty I ordered from a major retailer that was shipped to me without the case and showed up with small cracks in the neck. This is not that same guitar though, the retailer took that guitar back and this is its replacement; a brand new one. But it has multiple issues, from this switch noise to a paint/finish imperfection to a saddle issue and beyond. Really getting unlucky here.

I’ve been in touch with Daniel who has been helpful thus far, he suggested returning the guitar and requesting a different/new one to replace it - the problem being that the retailer is out of the Stealth Majesty until December. Daniel said he would try to locate one for me before then if possible.

Reading the post the other day though about being able to swap out hardware colors has me absolutely foaming at the mouth for a Dark Roast with black hardware instead though haha. Only problem there is my budget :rolleyes: it would take some serious stretching.

Lou

This is not unusual. With high gain the pickups are very sensitive and will amplify noise. I hear this on mine.

marco3253

I think this is not a correct way to use a piezo running through the amp with a mono cable, what is the sense of that?
First of all, I would try with a stereo cable and run the piezo through a PA system and see if the problem is still there.

Top Bottom