• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
What's up everyone?

I'm having a problem with the finish on the neck of my Majesty in regards to how much I sweat. It must be a personal problem, but the sweat from my hands renders the neck extremely sticky in just a short time. I contacted Ernie Ball about this but they didn't have any specific recommendations on what solvent to use to clean the Matte material. At the rate it's going, if I don't find something that i can use pretty frequently, I may have to sell my Majesty off :eek:

Thanks!

Fro

The Music Man cleaning wipes should work great. Or give it a wipe down with a damp cloth and a follow up with a microfiber cloth.

The damp cloth thing doesn't work for me--I think I have problems lol. I'll check out those wipes for sure! Thanks!

Edit: Are we sure these wipes work on matte?

Last edited:

tbonesullivan

I would definitely recommend washing your hands before playing, every time. Windex on a microfiber towel should work. The polymerized finishes are pretty much impervious to most solvents and chemicals.

Another thing you could try is "Preservation polish" from Stewart Macdonald. It gets through just about everything.

jbert

Rather than solvents I would recommend a little bit of dishwashing soap on a soft damp cloth to remove any oils from your hands. Follow-up with a clean dry cloth.

mikeller

MM factory uses (or did use) Custom Shop Flatz Matte Finish Protector I believe. Its close to impossible to find, so you might check with customer service for recommendations.

nervous

tbonesullivan

mikeller

I am home now so I can look at my bottle - what the factory used in 2015 when I bought mine was Custom Shop FLATZ Matte Protectant. I bought a 16oz bottle at that time and it will probably outlast me. I think customer support said any automotive matte finish protector will work (like Flitz) but I would highly recommend checking with the support department at Music Man.

This is the product - but the site constantly says out of stock so perhaps they have quit making it??

TCP GLOBAL CORP Custom Shop Flatz MATTE FINISH PROTECTANT Quart Auto Car Detailing Paint Protect | Shop Your Way: Online Shopping & Earn Points on Tools, Appliances, Electronics & more

Thanks for all the tips y'all. Im trying out the music Nomad matte/satin cleaner. The soap thing didn't work for me either. I am a difficult case of perspiration here. (i always wash hands before)

BrickGlass

^ That right there is customer service. People ask this about matte finishes often so it's nice to have an answer.

Top Bottom