• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

anukul

Hi, everybody I have never had electric guitar before, I 've bought JP60 for a month and play through Roland CUBE 20GX, I decided to buy it because of product review in internet told it is good.

In my opinion, JP60 has mediocre tone, especially clean tone(I think cause of stock pickup) but I don't know other 's guitar tone to compare.

I want to know your opinion about JP60 tone.

Actually, I expect the clean and crunch tone like cilps below if I change Dimazio 's pickup, do you think it can get close the tone?

John Petrucci - Amazing Melodis - YouTube

John Petrucci - Amazing Melodis - YouTube

dalto

Have you tried any other guitars through your amp so you have baseline expectation for what that amp sounds like?

Getting a Roland cube to sound just like a Mesa Boogie + pedals might not be the right expectation.

spychocyco

My JP70 pickups are not bad at all. I planned to swap them for DiMarzios but ended up liking them enough to leave them. As dalto mentioned, it's going to be tough to get Petrucci tone out of a Cube. They're solid amps, but there's a whole lot more going into the sound you hear on those videos than just a guitar and an amp.

johnnyboogie

Congratulations on your new guitar!!

Comparing the Cube with a JP's setup however is quite unorthodox.

I bet that if you plugged your guitar into JP's setup there wouldn't be much of a difference.

You'll have better luck achieving a satisfying tone with software like Amplitube or Guitar Rig. Even better with an Axe FX. That is, if you don't want to pay 4000 USD for a Boogie and pedal effects (chorus, delay, reverb, etc.)

ksandvik

You could also try to invest in a new or used Mesa Boogie Flux-drive gain pedal. Or get a MB Mark 25 with an MB cab if you want to get close to the Petrucci sound.

anukul

Congratulations on your new guitar!!

Comparing the Cube with a JP's setup however is quite unorthodox.

I bet that if you plugged your guitar into JP's setup there wouldn't be much of a difference.

You'll have better luck achieving a satisfying tone with software like Amplitube or Guitar Rig. Even better with an Axe FX. That is, if you don't want to pay 4000 USD for a Boogie and pedal effects (chorus, delay, reverb, etc.)

Man, like you said, I played through HD500x with yamaha monitor HS5 it similar to youtube's link I posted. Thank you everybody that answer to me.

Top Bottom