• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
I think I want a guitar.

You know, one of those six-string things over there on the dark side of the forum.

danny-79

Nothing wrong with having a few guitars in your collection, I’ve got a few. Nothing from over that way though
<——— :p

Stephen

Hah!

I say, just do it! I have a skinny stringed slab of wood here and I find it is a) fun and b) helps me on the bass side of music. It's fun to explore chords both vertically and horizontally up and down the board. I find this is helping my versatility and angility on the bass, in a way of being a better quarterback to the band.

Does this make any sense? If so, go ahead! Skinny strings can be kind of cute ... well, you know what I mean (I hope).

bovinehost

Administrator
I have to keep a guitar or two around for writing - and I have a busy little home studio and am often pressed into service on guitar(s), not because I'm particularly good at it but more because there's no one else around to do it.

So I have a couple of F*nders (a Tele and a Strat) that have served me well. And because I'm not REALLY a guitar player, I have hesitated to spend good bass money on anything really nice. (I built the Tele myself and the Strat is a MIM, which is fine.) But I really want a Music Man guitar. It's time. I'm worth it, right?

tbonesullivan

DOO EETT. Lots of great options. And if you can't choose, the Steve Morse itself has lots of options, so it's almost like not choosing just one guitar.

danny-79

I have to keep a guitar or two around for writing - and I have a busy little home studio and am often pressed into service on guitar(s), not because I'm particularly good at it but more because there's no one else around to do it.

So I have a couple of F*nders (a Tele and a Strat) that have served me well. And because I'm not REALLY a guitar player, I have hesitated to spend good bass money on anything really nice. (I built the Tele myself and the Strat is a MIM, which is fine.) But I really want a Music Man guitar. It's time. I'm worth it, right?

I know that violating feeling all too well !
Got a strat and a tele also. They know their place in the food chain :p accessories

xjbebop

Yeah, you funny. YOU ALREADY KNOW.

I really want an Albert Lee with two buckers and a rosewood board so I can finally throw this nasty old Strat in the trash.

Find one of the GC specials ( look for the chrome tele knobs...). They have the extra coil split option, which IS worth having, and that's the only gittar you'll need...trust me. ..;)

* here's an example...
Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee - HH - El Dorado Gold - | Reverb

That's not a bad price for that finish & condition. There are a few more listed right now, but if you're patient, you can get a better deal....

Last edited:

Fro

I consider myself nice. I’m not sure everyone agrees :)

Movielife

I bought an Albert Lee HH (see my sig) a while back and it is beautiful. That rosewood neck is just stunning. The clarity on the humbuckers is a shock....I love it...the guitar itself is quite a low mid kicker...which is what I wanted. Not flubby, not too much bass (leave that to bass!) and plenty of clarity.

The pickups go from clean to breakup to full on grind with no problems.

I picked up a Stingray before the RS models when the UK had a large sale on the older stock, and yet again I was really really pleased. The black and chrome is classic Musicman. The quality is superb.

If I were you, get an Albert Lee HH.

Next, I want a St Vincent.

Top Bottom