• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

disssa

I own a Bongo 5HH BFR with an all rosewood neck. I love this bass, I use this one as my main bass.
But some questions I have:

When was the first time, all rosewood necks were used on Music Man basses?
Were all rosewood necks only used on BFR basses?

Daniel

I own a Bongo 5HH BFR with an all rosewood neck. I love this bass, I use this one as my main bass.
But some questions I have:

When was the first time, all rosewood necks were used on Music Man basses?
Were all rosewood necks only used on BFR basses?

The first time the rosewood neck was offered was November 2008. On those limited runs of rosewood neck, they were all marked BFR on the neck but did not receive certificates.

disssa

Thank you for the infos!
So there were several editions of basses with all rosewood necks? So there was one in 2008, 2009 and 2013?

Samoht

The 2013 models with oil/wax neck and matt headstock are AWESOME! Best feeling neck (on a Bongo 5HH) I've ever played.

danny-79

Slight off topic question but...
all rosewood necks, they look great but rosewood by nature is quite a brittle wood, how do they hold up stability wise ? and not tempting anyone’s fate but has anyone broken one ?

Samoht

Slight off topic question but...
all rosewood necks, they look great but rosewood by nature is quite a brittle wood, how do they hold up stability wise ? and not tempting anyone’s fate but has anyone broken one ?
Had one damaged in shipping; dropped on one end and the headstock point was splintered like you wouldn’t believe. EBMM took it and replaced the neck. No issues since. It feels like a dream.

danny-79

Had one damaged in shipping; dropped on one end and the headstock point was splintered like you wouldn’t believe. EBMM took it and replaced the neck. No issues since. It feels like a dream.

That’s my general though/conclusion towards them. Very nice but need looking after doubly careful.
There was a beautiful looking Bongo a while back, buttercream 05LE with all rosewood neck that would of made a perfect pair with my stingray...... one day maybe:cool:

Top Bottom