• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Daniel

Designed with Mars Volta and At The Drive In composer and guitarist, Omar Rodriguez-Lopez, the all-new Mariposa guitar features an offset angular body for a unique appearance and playing comfort, an ornate custom laser-etched pickguard, and Ernie Ball Music Man designed pickups that accentuate Omar's love of heavy distortion while retaining all the subtleties of a classic humbucking pickup. Offered in a deluxe or standard model.

Mariposa-White-digital-assets-8.27.19-email.jpg

gullymiles

Not sure if I'll like the sound, if it's designed for a distortion-heavy guy, so I'll be interested to see/hear some youtube clips - but wow that blue finish version is a really nice looking guitar. And I like it that the AL / St V have done some ground work and nudged people in the direction of interesting body shapes. Good work guys!

gullymiles

The artist who they designed it for is a lefty, so it would be pretty shocking if they didn't.

TripHazard

That’s what I was thinking. There aren’t many lefties in the range - and I’ve long thought it a bit bonkers that models like cutlass and stingray etc can’t be ordered left handed. I can understand not being standard production run but the option for lefties on the understanding of lead time required seems a shame.

gullymiles

I'm left-handed, but for historical reasons (mostly not knowing that lefty guitars existed!) I have always played guitar right-handed. I'm very grateful that I'm in that situation, because it does seem to be a pain in the ass for lefties to get lefty models of guitars, or to get to try them out in an actual store even if they do in theory exist.

KDude

I'm left-handed, but for historical reasons (mostly not knowing that lefty guitars existed!) I have always played guitar right-handed. I'm very grateful that I'm in that situation, because it does seem to be a pain in the ass for lefties to get lefty models of guitars, or to get to try them out in an actual store even if they do in theory exist.

Funny, me too. When I first learned, my parents let me get a $20 dollar beat up acoustic from my neighbor. He taught me a blues shuffle and part of Pipeline.. then told me to leave him alone. I suffered trying to learn when I look back now. Eventually I got used to it. By the time I realized there were left handed guitars, it was too late.

Not sure if I'll like the sound, if it's designed for a distortion-heavy guy, so I'll be interested to see/hear some youtube clips - but wow that blue finish version is a really nice looking guitar. And I like it that the AL / St V have done some ground work and nudged people in the direction of interesting body shapes. Good work guys!

He's all over the place. I'm sure it's fine.

Last edited:

gullymiles

I've just been listening to The Mars Volta, and a couple of his solo tracks, on youtube. When EBMM described him as "distortion-heavy" I thought that was a euphemism for a drop-tuned metalhead kind of guy, but he's way more interesting than that, both in tone and style. To me, anyway. This gives me hope for what this guitar's going to sound like!

PeteDuBaldo

OK, that's it - take my money! Going for the deluxe even though I'm not sure what that means

As far as I know (which admittedly isn't too much), there are 4 colors available. The black and white come with gold hardware and are a little more expensive than the green and pink, which have chrome hardware. It's possible that the black and white are the deluxe, or there may be a slightly different version a few months down the road when the instruments are in full production and become more widely available.

Right now we still have a green one available, and a black one on the way.

Astrofreq

It’s not for me, but I’m always truly impressed by EBMM’s innovations and new shapes. I hope they sell a zillion. :)

Top Bottom