• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dturpins

Hey, I have a MM Majesty & just recently I noticed a buzz on my D string but only through the Piezo pickup and I only notice it on the D string. This doesn't happen through the magnetic pickups, only through the piezo. Any idea of the possible cause and/or remedy for this issue? Thanks...

Attachments

• IMG_0287 (2).jpg
    IMG_0287 (2).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

Daniel

Hey, I have a MM Majesty & just recently I noticed a buzz on my D string but only through the Piezo pickup and I only notice it on the D string. This doesn't happen through the magnetic pickups, only through the piezo. Any idea of the possible cause and/or remedy for this issue? Thanks...

Hi there,
Have you tried changing the string? Sometimes the strings can get bent, or simply go bad.

dturpins

Hi there,
Have you tried changing the string? Sometimes the strings can get bent, or simply go bad.

Thanks Daniel, I actually hadn't thought it might be a string issue. I tend to think the worst rather then the simple. I'll give that a try. What do I have to loose other than a set of strings.

tbonesullivan

The top of the piezo saddles have a little insert that moves around slightly. I would make sure that is properly installed.

dturpins

GAWD! I was sweating for nothing. Was a string issue. weird cause it wasn't that long ago I changed them. But anywho, replaced the string and boom, gone.. Thanks for helping me not flip out Daniel. And thanks to tbone for the reply... :) Peace & Rock-n-Roll.

dturpins

Well Crud, That lasted about a day. and now the buzz is back and still just the D string. :( Was a perfect re string, no surprizes and used EB slinkys. Hmmm. Guess it's going into the shop. Thanks for your efforts.

Daniel

Well Crud, That lasted about a day. and now the buzz is back and still just the D string. :( Was a perfect re string, no surprizes and used EB slinkys. Hmmm. Guess it's going into the shop. Thanks for your efforts.

Did you lower your saddle heights from the stock levels? Sometimes if there isn't enough downward pressure on the piezo element, they can make noises or have no sound at all.

dturpins

I didn't make any changes to the saddles. I took it to my local luthier today and he's stumped and thinking it's possibly a preamp issue. Is there an authorized service center in Indiana? close to Indianapolis preferably.

Daniel

I didn't make any changes to the saddles. I took it to my local luthier today and he's stumped and thinking it's possibly a preamp issue. Is there an authorized service center in Indiana? close to Indianapolis preferably.

Unfortunately, we don't use service centers. Shoot me an email at [email protected] with your location and your guitar's serial number and we'll get it figured out.

dturpins

Huge THANKS to Daniel & Billy with Customer Service. Turns out the crystal in that saddle went bad. Ordered a new saddle, got it today, installed it myself in about 30 minutes and BAM, fixed. Daniel diagnosed it & Billy explained how to change it. So anywho, Woo Hoo, back in business. Thanks again to everyone for the help... This is definitely the place to go if you have questions about your MM.

Top Bottom