• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Chaka5150

Just wondering if the JP15's have always had the Illuminators? Mine was built in June of 2018 and also wondering if that is when they incorporated the quick connects on the pups? any help on this question is greatly appreciated. I've been considering swapping for the dream catcher/rainmaker set

PeteDuBaldo

Yes, the JP15 have always had the Illuminators (unless potentially changed in a BFR/Artist offering). The Illuminators were introduced on the JP13, and the Sonic Ecstasy were introduced on the JP16. As far as the quick connects go, you may want to contact EB directly - I'm not sure what date they started using them on those guitars.

Chaka5150

Thanks Pete. I'm wondering how the Dream Catcher/Rainmakers would sound in this guitar. Illuminators are pretty great though (esp for high gain) i'm really struggling with the cleans except in split coils. I find its the only usable configuration in that case

Daniel

Thanks Pete. I'm wondering how the Dream Catcher/Rainmakers would sound in this guitar. Illuminators are pretty great though (esp for high gain) i'm really struggling with the cleans except in split coils. I find its the only usable configuration in that case

Unfortunately, we don't have any records of when the JP models were switched to quick-connect pickups. The new Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker pickups have an increased sensitivity to pick attack and an extended dynamic range resulting in pickups that are clearer and broader with a more pronounced expressive tone than the more even output on the Illuminator pickups. I hope that helps!

Top Bottom