• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

sandwichista

I recently picked up a St. Vincent, the standard model with three mini-hums. The bridge pickup is farther from the strings than others I've played (double checked @GC yesterday), which results in that pickup being too weak to compete with the other two. I lowered the neck and middle pickups to match outputs, but they are close to flush with the pickguard and don't sound quite as good.

Is there some way of adjusting the height of the bridge pickup? I haven't taken anything apart yet, perhaps there is an obvious adjustment I am missing.

Supa Necta

Hi, I just put some money down on a HHH St. Vincent at GC and I noticed a similar issue. The bridge pickup output is very low. Were you able to solve this or did customer service come up with a solution?

tbonesullivan

Aren't there screws on either side of the bridge pickup? Those usually would have springs under them, which allow you to loosen them and raise the bridge pickup.

sbanina

FYI for anyone else who lands here, I solved this by buying these and putting the thicker one under the bridge pickup: Compression Rubber-TV Jones

Now I can finally balance the three pickups without them being so far back that the guitar just sounds dull and boomy. I'm not sure if the rubber or some springs were missed in construction, but my bridge pickup was just screwed directly to the body and couldn't be raised.

As a bonus, the TV Jones compression rubber is an exact fit under the minihumbuckers.

Top Bottom