• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

KDude

I got a few packs of 10-46 Paradigms recently, but they buzz a little more and feel a lot more floppy than 10-46 Slinkys when I tune to Eb (what I usually use). Is this normal? I went a little nutty thinking the weather had changed the relief of my neck for a bit, but I'm thinking it's the strings now. Maybe this is a side effect of their strength.. I saw that Andertons/Paul Gilbert vid where he tuned up like 2 notes above normal slinkys before the string snapped. I assume this means they're just a little more floppy in normal tuning as well.

Kind of unfortunate since they seem like a cool product otherwise.

spychocyco

Interestingly, I felt like the Paradigms had a little more tension than my Super Slinkys. I ran them for a few months and went back to my standard Super Slinkys. It was more because I've never really had a problem with breakage and didn't feel like they were worth the extra expense than anything else, though.

KDude

Interestingly, I felt like the Paradigms had a little more tension than my Super Slinkys. I ran them for a few months and went back to my standard Super Slinkys. It was more because I've never really had a problem with breakage and didn't feel like they were worth the extra expense than anything else, though.

Strange! Perhaps we're both right, where the tension on Paradigm Pink vs Super Slinkies is more, but the tension on Paradigm Green vs Slinky Regular is less.

Top Bottom