• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PeteDuBaldo

Pete DuBaldo's Diablo Blue Exclusive Run - The Return of Rosewood!

Here's an official heads-up for some of you who may not have seen the teasers on our Facebook page!

The Diablo Blue exclusive run was designed by Pete DuBaldo (hey, that's me!) from DuBaldo Music Center in collaboration with Ernie Ball Music Man. A tremendous thanks to the entire Ball Family & staff at the MusicMan factory who graciously spent a lot of time helping me create this awesome exclusive run.

While visiting the Ernie Ball Music Man factory earlier this year I selected a new pearl/metallic blue with a high-gloss finish, accompanied by a never before used hand-rubbed blue stain for models with maple tops.

The guitars in this exclusive run all feature solid rosewood necks with ebony fretboards and stainless steel frets. The basses in this exclusive run feature roasted maple necks with ebony fingerboards and stainless steel frets. Standard body woods, inlays, and electronics are complimented by chrome hardware.

Our first dealer-exclusive run is limited to just 5 pieces for each model, and yes, they include a certificate of authenticity.

The naming of the color "Diablo" blue is a humorous play on how people commonly mispronounce the DuBaldo family name - and yes, I'm serious - it happens on a weekly basis!

These instruments will be arriving from now through the next 3 months give or thereabouts.

Estimated instrument arrival schedule:

October and early November - JP15 & Axis Semi-Hollow

November - Luke 3 HH & StingRay Special Basses

December - JP6 w/ piezo & JP inlays (original model)

DuBaldo Music Exclusive Run of Ernie Ball Music Man instruments - Diablo Blue

Diablo-Promo.jpg

Diablo-335-CA2-1.jpg

Diablo-335-CA1-1.jpg

Diablo-335-CA1-2.jpg

Diablo-335-CA1-3.jpg

Diablo-661-CA1-0.jpg

Diablo-661-CA1-1.jpg

Diablo-661-CA1-2.jpg

Diablo-661-CA1-3.jpg

Last edited:

xjbebop

Diablo "Pete Rocks!" Blue!!!

edit... I rarely get 'jealous' about anything, but I'd LOVE to have a Diablo Blue Armada like yours... just sayin'....

Last edited:

Sweat

Very cool Pete, was wondering when these would make an appearance. Looking forward to seeing all of them!!

GWDavis28

Wow Pete, that's really great!!! Congrats!!!!

So, question, since it's a US exclusive, can you still not sell international, or is this different, just curious.

Glenn |B)

Wahoonc

Duuude, they're doing a semi-hollow for this run? That's cool. If it was in the budget I would be all over the semi.

tbonesullivan

Man, if I hadn't just dropped 6K on brass instruments in the past 4 months...

But, which one to get???

Will they all have figured maple tops, or is that just limited to the guitars that usually have them?

Keno

Thanks, this was a fun run to put together! The Lukes should start arriving in November

Please let us know when we can hit the buy button. Also, instead of the normal pearl fretmarkers on the fretboard you should have made `D`:s and a bad ass Dubaldo Reserve 12th fret inlay :) I totally get why EBMM doesn`t want that and these will sell like Budweiser on Superbowl anyway

PeteDuBaldo

Please let us know when we can hit the buy button. Also, instead of the normal pearl fretmarkers on the fretboard you should have made `D`:s and a bad ass Dubaldo Reserve 12th fret inlay :) I totally get why EBMM doesn`t want that and these will sell like Budweiser on Superbowl anyway

If you go to the item page there is a "buy now" button and another button to reserve via deposit :D

Yes, a 12th fret D inlay would have been icing on the cake (now where did we put that dremel tool?).

Jp6Fanatic

That jp15 looks awesome! But now that I know there's going to be a jp6 version, I may have to set aside some funds for a preorder :D. (Something about the original jp6 will always be perfect to me.)

mlp187

Holy damn, great design! A+ work. I have no doubt these will be gone as quickly as they arrive.
Blue guitars truly are the best guitars!

PeteDuBaldo

Holy damn, great design! A+ work. I have no doubt these will be gone as quickly as they arrive.
Blue guitars truly are the best guitars!

Thank you very much! I've got a passion for blue, and for rosewood necks - and to think I went to the factory hoping to design something that wasn't blue hahaha

Yes, they are selling out quickly.

Top Bottom