• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gurtejsingh

Hey guys, I have a JP15 since a few years now and the guitar has been incredible to say the least. I have learnt so much on it and with that said, a huge thank you EBMM for making this.

Since the time I have had the guitar, I've noticed that the pickup selector is fairly tight to toggle between bridge and neck pickups. This never has been a issue since I've been shifting it by holding it all this while. But now, since I am getting more into frequent shifts between the neck and bridge pickups, I'd surely like to flick my hand (more like what JP does) and change the pickups easily.

Doing this 'flick' currently is hard and it sometimes hurts the fingers. Is there a way to tweak the pickup selector easily to make it more 'fluid' in nature? I remember it being a little more easy on my JP6 Stealth.

Apologies if this has been asked earlier, if so, just point me to the right thread....

Looking forward to your help and support and thanks in advance always!
Cheers!

Fro

Build up some JP sized muscles.:) you knew someone was going to say it:D

tbonesullivan

You can probably lubricate the toggle using standard guitar lubricants. That may make it a bit easier to move.

They are fairly heavy duty though, so it may not help much.

beej

You could also bite the bullet and replace it. Switches can go bad, seize up, etc. Just get a replacement one.

gurtejsingh

You can probably lubricate the toggle using standard guitar lubricants. That may make it a bit easier to move.

They are fairly heavy duty though, so it may not help much.

Thanks! Which lubricant would you guys recommend to try? Are you sure that it will not mess with the electronics underneath? Cheers.

gurtejsingh

You could also bite the bullet and replace it. Switches can go bad, seize up, etc. Just get a replacement one.

I have given this a thought to be honest. The switch has been tight since the time I bought the guitar and is getting a bit loose over time, but since it works perfectly, I hesitate to change it maybe.

Daniel

I have given this a thought to be honest. The switch has been tight since the time I bought the guitar and is getting a bit loose over time, but since it works perfectly, I hesitate to change it maybe.

Hi there,
The switch may simply be dirty. Try putting some cleaner in there. We recommend Deoxit which is readily available online.
If you feel like you want to replace the switch, feel free to hit me up at [email protected] and I'll help you out.

gurtejsingh

Hi there,
The switch may simply be dirty. Try putting some cleaner in there. We recommend Deoxit which is readily available online.
If you feel like you want to replace the switch, feel free to hit me up at [email protected] and I'll help you out.

Thanks a lot Daniel. I am not sure if it's dirty as it's been tight since the time I have bought the guitar (more than 3 years now). But I will look into your suggestion for the cleaner.

Thanks a lot for pitching in and helping out! Cheers.

Top Bottom