• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

redbarchetta

**First time poster, Long time lurker**

Friends,

I just need to know if anyone out there has any details on the Albert Lee roasted maple neck models that Guitar Center revealed right around the Arlington Guitar Show.

Here is a link to the Liberta Green HH version, set to ship on 03-31-2020:
- Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee HH Trem Electric Guitar Liberta Green | Guitar Center

There was also an orange SSS version, but it must have already been 'sold-out' on pre-order.

Anyone have any info on these suckers? Does this mean in 2020 we can expect RS versions of the AL?

Your friendly neighborhood AL addict...

tbonesullivan

Those are Guitar Center Exclusive limited edition guitars.

This Albert Lee guitar is part of a collection of 12 limited-edition Ernie Ball Music Man instruments made exclusively for Guitar Center. In Caribbean island themed colors, with highly figured roasted maple necks and fretboards, each one is unique.

I would think any changes that happen to the Albert Lee line would go through Albert Lee. Currently the HH comes with a Rosewood Neck.

Magic Jason

Are the all-rosewood necks slowly disapearing?

It's great to see some flashy colors on the AL. It comes as a real change from the regular line ("accountant" grey, "furniture" brown and "cowboy" sunburst.) Thanks MM and GC. Can't wait to see the other colours.

redbarchetta

Now, it they would just bring back the MM90s...
Amen to that! The AL MM90 is now the great white buffalo of bolt-on neck solid body guitars.

AL MM90 RS would be something to behold. Maybe Matthew Minster of Cage the Elephant can make an AL Artist Series guitar that is available for sale like the Hunter Hayes and Dustin Kensrue models. Please make this happen EBMM!

xjbebop

Hmmmm... an HH with roasted neck and SWAMP ASH body.... wonder what that's gonna sound like!
If they had included SS frets and the coil splits, that would be the total package...
I'll be watching to see the other colors available...

tbonesullivan

Are the all-rosewood necks slowly disappearing?
they were, but I believe that the CITES laws and regulations were recently changed, making it possible to get again for necks. The rosewood used is farmed in India, so it really shouldn't have been covered in the first place.

xjbebop

I love Koa gittars (have a couple ;)
But, I'd be just as excited to see an AL MM90 with Limba (Korina) body + rs neck!
I have a number of Korina gittars and it's just a great 'tone wood'... and Korina isn't really endangered, rare or expensive.

St_G

That green is VERY MUCH my kind of stupid. And I like the Al... and am kinda thinking about picking up an HH guitar in the next year.

But the price...woof.

Top Bottom