• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

KentuckyKid

Greetings all! I’ve been lurking here for some time and I decided I’d finally make a post in the form of a question.

I recently acquired this Reflex 5 from a seller on Reverb. The bass is GREAT! It is not my first EBMM Bass, but it lived up to my expectations in every way.

I guess I’m asking if anyone can tell me when these were in production and if there’s any info available regarding set up specs?

Also, I love the way it looks but I think black hardware would be excellent! Any thoughts on how to go about making that change?

I’ll try and throw a photo in but I’m not too tech savvy

Attachments

• BA605D83-B8DB-40B7-B59C-3D473FCABD71.jpeg
    BA605D83-B8DB-40B7-B59C-3D473FCABD71.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

Rod Trussbroken

The Reflex Basses (4 and 5 string) were introduced in June 2010. Pickup options were H, HH and HSS. Colours: Black, White, Vintage Sunburst and Vintage Gold. All had matching Headstocks. No more orders were taken after 31 Oct 2015.

I'm pretty sure (some one else may be able to verify) that the Reflex was inspired by the 25 Anniversary Bass introduced the previous year in Jan 2009 and last order taken in Oct 2009. These were finished in "Venetian Red".

KentuckyKid

Thanks, Rod Trussbroken, that narrows down the mileage on this bass. I’m assuming that rosewood neck and top were regular options offered in addition to the colors you listed and that they were probably not too popular. I have only seen a pic or two of others in this config.

Michael Murphy

I’m assuming that rosewood neck and top were regular options offered in addition to the colors you listed and that they were probably not too popular.

I think they were not regular options. If i recall correctly, the option for the all-rosewood neck and rosewood top were only offered in 2014, during the "Return of the Rosewood" limited run. I've got one of those (single H, rather than HSS... wanna trade?), and its build date is 4/08/2014.

By the way, you can input your serial number here: Serial Number Database | Ernie Ball Music Man
to find your build date.

Attachments

• Music-Man-Rosewood-Neck-Limited-Edition-594x1048.jpg
    Music-Man-Rosewood-Neck-Limited-Edition-594x1048.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 381

Rod Trussbroken

The standard Reflex basses offered optional Rosewood or Maple fretboards.

The all-rosewood necks & tops were offered on all instruments (except the Armada and Game Changer instruments) for 1 month in November 2013 and built 2014..

KentuckyKid

Thank you both for the info. Do either of you have any experience changing hardware on EBMM basses? I’d like to get black hardware, but the tuning keys are different on the Reflex. I think the bridge is “borrowed” from the Bongo so I should be able to order a black one of those.

KentuckyKid

I think they were not regular options. If i recall correctly, the option for the all-rosewood neck and rosewood top were only offered in 2014, during the "Return of the Rosewood" limited run. I've got one of those (single H, rather than HSS... wanna trade?), and its build date is 4/08/2014.

By the way, you can input your serial number here: Serial Number Database | Ernie Ball Music Man
to find your build date.

Thank you! I searched the SN and it was made in 2014. I love the HSS config so i couldn’t bring myself to let it go.

mmbassplayer

If I remember right when this was introduced, they were offering the Axis with the rosewood neck and top. Someone from the forum asked about a rose wood top for the Reflex and Dargin said yes. Very rare bird you have there, can’t be to many of those around. JOSH

Top Bottom