• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

click track

I could use some help here, as in input and opinion.

I really miss the sound of my JP6 with the DiMarzio Liquifier and Crunch Lab pickups, My rig sounded absolutely fantastic with those pickups and I could just roll of the volume and get cleaned up nicely and still sonically make an impact all be it clean and clear. I know what the logical choice is , get a JP6 or any EBMM…kids in college so unfortunately no….

I am going to swap out pickups on my AXSS. I could order the exact same Liquifier and Crunch Lab OR would you recommend the Sonic Ecstasy and Dark Matter OR any other Dimarzio combo for my AXSS

Thanks for your input !!

EBMM Axis SS Black Sparkle.jpg EBMM Axis SS Black Sparkle.jpg

Last edited:

spychocyco

I love the Axis pickups and would never swap, so I don't know how much help I'm going to be. :D

The CL in the bridge is actually my least favorite thing about my JP. I've never been able to dial it in to a sound I really like. I prefer the Illuminators and have considered swapping. I haven't really compared with any of the newer JP pickups, but I'd probably go with Illuminators. Of course, if you really like the sound of the CL/LF, take my advice with a grain of salt. Since both are basswood bodies, I wouldn't think there would be a massive sonic difference between having them in the Axis or JP, though there will probably be some difference.

Razzle

I have a pair of orig JP6 PUs I'm about to ask around if I could trade for an Axis PU, in case you're interested.

I love 'em, I just have an extra set.

Top Bottom