• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DrMatthewCross

Copper Red.

20190207_111817.jpg

DrMatthewCross

Thanks, guys.
I'm REALLY thinking about keeping only this bass plus my EBMM Caprice. One active with maple fingerboard and rounds, one passive with rosewood fingerboard and flats. I can't think of a better couple, in terms of versatility.

GregP

Beautiful bass!
I prefer the maple board myself...I wanted to like the ebony but it just didn't speak to me. That maple has such clarity! Oh and I have a rosewood Caprice too :) you've got a superb combo there.

DrMatthewCross

Beautiful bass!
I prefer the maple board myself...I wanted to like the ebony but it just didn't speak to me. That maple has such clarity! Oh and I have a rosewood Caprice too :) you've got a superb combo there.
Yes, it's a very functional combo.

That 'Dropped Copper' finish is outstanding!!
It's even better in person, believe me. Thanks.

Double Agent

I really like the dropped copper finish. Congrats.

I have a Special 5H incoming myself. If I may ask, what is it about this one that you like better than the first one?

DrMatthewCross

Good question. I'll tell you the whole story.
I started looking for Special Rays during this summer and finding one here in Italy was almost impossible. Even Thomann and other EU big shops had a VERY long waiting list.
I've waited until one showed up and I eventually ordered a Black/Maple Special from the same shop where I bought my Caprice (another rare bass here, same story).
Unfortunately, the bass arrived with a scratch on the back of the neck, both the bass and the case smelled like s**t and I guess the middle control was acting a little bit strange.
Long story short... I sent it back and bought another bass (Fender Jazz) which was also on my list of basses I wanted to try.

Top Bottom