• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jukup

Hi guys,
Wanted to change my EBMM pickguard to the gorgeous-looking one as seen on this video of Steve's:
Steve Morse | Guitars | Ernie Ball Music Man

Unfortunately, EBMM do not sell this, and they referred me to Chandler's, who said it was probably their "Black Ice" one, which I received today and it definitely isn't.

In the video it looks like a pearl/candy-crush pattern with blue shades with the white and black pearl.

Anyone got any ideas what this is and where I could get it?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tx,
Nick

PeteDuBaldo

Nah, I've had my hands on that very guitar and that's a "blue swirl" pick guard which was offered for a short time somewhere around 2008-2010ish.

I've got a giant box of discontinued EB pickguards at the store, I'll dig through on Tuesday and see if one is in there.

tbonesullivan

The pattern looks almost like abalone shell. Really quite a striking pickguard. Looks almost like the Chandler color "Fire Opal" or one of the candy crush looks. Maybe Tuxedo Candy Crush?

PeteDuBaldo

It should be this one, which was called "Blue Swirl"
Blue Swirl PG.jpg
The next closest would have been "Moonstone" (I do have one of these in stock for the Morse, along with black ice, white ice, python, gold swirl)
Moonstone.jpg

A good closeup shows the blue swirl pattern
Morse Navajo Blue.jpg

Last edited:

jukup

Wow! Pete the blue swirl looks just like it! The Moonstone is also rather sick!

My SM is with Floyd, but the original (it is the 2014 PDN ones with Floyd). Would you happen to have it to work with a Floyd?

Tx,
Nick

PeteDuBaldo

Wow! Pete the blue swirl looks just like it! The Moonstone is also rather sick!

My SM is with Floyd, but the original (it is the 2014 PDN ones with Floyd). Would you happen to have it to work with a Floyd?

Tx,
Nick

Nick,

The pickguards are cut differently for the Floyd & hardtail versions. All the Morse pickguards that I have here re for the hardtail version, sorry!

Top Bottom