• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

strummer

Enormous Member
I'm guessing you all have a lot of EBMM basses, and I also think (hope) you maybe use different kinds of strings? So the question is: If you don't know the nature of the gig/jam/recording/whatever, and you can only bring one bass, what bass would it be and what would it be strung with?
It's totally ok to name a bass you don't currently own, and I think that if you (for some odd reason) don't chanmpion EBMM strings you can just mention type/material/gauges, ok?

In my case, I think it would be a Stingray 5H, ceramic era, strung with Group III flats.

And no, I am currently not in possession of such an instrument, but I hope to fix that situation shortly.

DrMatthewCross

I'm currently using a Caprice with Cobalt flats and a Stingray with Slinky rounds.
Honestly, I prefer other flats over EB Cobalts, but they match the Caprice very well. My favourite flats are Fender 9050L.
When it comes to rounds, I usually go with Slinkies. I like those strings a lot.
Rotosound rounds and StingRay is also a devastating combo if you want a very snappy tone.

strummer

Enormous Member
I'm currently using a Caprice with Cobalt flats and a Stingray with Slinky rounds.
Honestly, I prefer other flats over EB Cobalts, but they match the Caprice very well. My favourite flats are Fender 9050L.
When it comes to rounds, I usually go with Slinkies. I like those strings a lot.
Rotosound rounds and StingRay is also a devastating combo if you want a very snappy tone.

That was a lot of basses and strings, now choose ONE:D

Karl

I have the stock EB Slinky Roundwounds on my Bongo 5, and EB Cobalt Roundwounds on my Stingray Classic......Happy!

five7

Since I only own the 2 sterlings, one of them has super slinky and the other cobalt. Depending on the gig would make me pick which one. Lately my HH gets to leave the house more. So probably that one with the 2824 set.

danny-79

I’m pretty boring in the fact I use the same strings on everything (105-50 Costed Stainless Steel ....) and all my basses are 4H based so take your pick, :p
(Blue StingRay is go to bass though)

Golem

Boingo FL4 H-p with cobalt flats.

Not that the cobalt makes much
difference cuz I turn the mag PU
way down most of the time.

Top Bottom