• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

guitarmech111

Just got the JP15(traded for a PRS 24 custom) and love the feel of the guitar. I need more information on it though and can't seem to find a manual.

I understand the specifics of the split coil, 20db boost, piezo pickups and such, but there are no instructions of how to adjust the variable boost, piezo tones and the basic operation of the guitar.

Also, has anyone made a stereo wireless unit for these stereo guitars or are people using 2 systems for L&R signals?

I am excited to have this guitar and I want to make sure I honor it by using it skillfully for live and recording. I am putting it into a Fractal Axe FX III. Looking forward to hearing great things!

Daniel

Just got the JP15(traded for a PRS 24 custom) and love the feel of the guitar. I need more information on it though and can't seem to find a manual.

I understand the specifics of the split coil, 20db boost, piezo pickups and such, but there are no instructions of how to adjust the variable boost, piezo tones and the basic operation of the guitar.

Also, has anyone made a stereo wireless unit for these stereo guitars or are people using 2 systems for L&R signals?

I am excited to have this guitar and I want to make sure I honor it by using it skillfully for live and recording. I am putting it into a Fractal Axe FX III. Looking forward to hearing great things!

Hi guitarmech111, Welcome to the Ernie Ball Music Man family! To adjust the boost on, you can turn the guitar over and see some labeled holes on the control cavity cover. Inside those holes are small potentiometers that will let you control the amount of boost, as well as the piezo/mag mix and EQ. Use a small philips head screwdriver to adjust the pots. From the factory we ship it with the boost set to 20db and the mix about equal. However, you can adjust it to your preference. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected].

guitarmech111

Thank you both for the feedback. I will check those out.

What polish/cleaner should we use for the finish and then the neck?

What are the setup specks for the strings and pickup?

This is a beautiful guitar and want to make sure It looks great at all times!

Thank you both again for your feedback.

Daniel

Thank you both for the feedback. I will check those out.

What polish/cleaner should we use for the finish and then the neck?

What are the setup specks for the strings and pickup?

This is a beautiful guitar and want to make sure It looks great at all times!

Thank you both again for your feedback.

The Ernie Ball polish and cloth work great for keeping your guitar clean. You can find them on our website here: Instrument Care | Ernie Ball
For the neck, we have a care guide, that we can email to you if you want to reach out to [email protected]. However, for general cleaning, we recommend a wipe down with a soft cloth after playing and using either the Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes fretboard conditioner or a high grade lemon oil for the fretboard and the back of the neck. You can find out Wonder Wipes on our website here: Instrument Care | Ernie Ball

Let me know if you have any other questions.

GWDavis28

For the neck, we have a care guide, that we can email to you if you want to reach out to [email protected]. However, for general cleaning, we recommend a wipe down with a soft cloth after playing and using either the Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes fretboard conditioner or a high grade lemon oil for the fretboard and the back of the neck. You can find out Wonder Wipes on our website here: Instrument Care | Ernie Ball

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Daniel, any chance this could be a sticky or a page on the MM website?

Glenn |B)

Top Bottom