• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

cromag31

i went to play it today and the darn truss rod adjustment does not do anything! it turns either way but the neck does not flex at all. the relief is too much now..... what should i do? thanks.

tbonesullivan

How long have you had the bass, and are you the original owner? Has the truss rod wheel worked at adjusting the neck previously?

cromag31

im not the original owner, its a 2007 but you would not know it......it worked fine up till yesterday when i tried to play it. turned the adjustment and nothing.....i wrote musician but no reply yet.

cromag31

im not the original owner, its a 2007 but you would not know it......it worked fine up till yesterday when i tried to play it. turned the adjustment and nothing.....i wrote musician but no reply yet. ty for the reply....

PeteDuBaldo

Give them a call during business hours tomorrow 866-823-2255 they are very helpful on the phone.

Have you tried flexing the neck yet? It's rare but sometimes the truss rod can stick, which makes it appear that the wheel isn't doing anything.

tbonesullivan

Hmmm. If it was my guitar/bass, I would pull the neck, and then unscrew the truss rod nut all the way off to see what I can see. It's not common, but sometimes the nut ltself can have the "wheel" break off the end, so turning it isn't actually doing anything.

cromag31

ok took the neck off, tried to flex it a bit and it did nothing. its actually worse now. the wheel moves in and out but no real effect on the neck.......... ebmm quoted me $500 for a new neck!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom