• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Cascadem

Hello, I recently picked up a AX30D, sadly the previous owner removed the original pearloid tuning machine buttons and put on ugly black ones. He also removed the cream knob from the 5 way selector switch and put on a black one. Does anyone know where I could find the correct replacement parts to put it back to original? Thanks

KDude

Hello, I recently picked up a AX30D, sadly the previous owner removed the original pearloid tuning machine buttons and put on ugly black ones. He also removed the cream knob from the 5 way selector switch and put on a black one. Does anyone know where I could find the correct replacement parts to put it back to original? Thanks

I can't be sure about Sterling, but the Music Man models use Schaller tuner buttons (standard size). I only know because I'm having a hell of a time tracking down aftermarket chrome models without buying a whole tuner set. The good thing for you (assuming Sterling is the same) is that pearloid versions are easier to find. Like these at Stewmac:

Schaller Replacement Knobs | stewmac.com

Note, you probably need the "Large" (or Standard) versions listed there. Not the small/mini tuners. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Cascadem

To all whom may care, after carefully investigating the schaller replacements small aka m6 mini are the correct size and fit very well on a sterling AX30D or AX40D guitar.

Top Bottom