• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

gitapik

I've been gassing for a specific maker boutique guitar (name withheld) for decades. There's a used HSS one for sale that I can actually afford, though it still ain't cheap.

But:

I bought a Silo Special about 5 or so years ago and have gotten very, very attached to it. To the point where I don't feel the need to get another HSS, at all.

The one that's for sale is a beaut and I'm sure it sounds and plays wonderfully. But MusicMan makes some fantastic guitars. Kudos!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I too fell in love with my Silo Special when I got it used in 2011. My old strat that I gigged with for nearly a decade was immediatley retired and I don't think I ever even compared the two guitars side-by-side. The Silo Special took over that completely that quickly!

Since then I've added another HSS in the form of a Cutlass RS. I really wanted another Silhouette but the roasted maple neck and stainless frets were too good to pass up. I have DiMarzio are single coils in the Silhouette Special, which are brighter than Cutlass and I love both equally for their own unique feel and vibe.

My next guitar will not be HSS though. I'm pretty sure of that!

gitapik

Same experience with my Strat. Barely play it anymore. When I do it’s because that’s my only ax with a maple board and all singles. But the Special is my go to in a very big way.

My other MM is a ‘94 Silhouette hardtail. Got it used. Custom order. Translucent butterscotch with a Tele style pickguard. Barden’s Danny Gatton pickups. Wonderful guitar.

Got my curiosity up on that Cutlass. I’ll check them out.

Top Bottom