• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

hpuffz

Hi everyone,

Registered myself at this forum as I just got my first EBMM Guitar. A Cutlass HSS RS in Vintage Turquoise.

Floored and Sold.

I was on the fence initially between a Suhr Classic Pro and EBMM Cutlass. Glad I chose the latter. Build quality and playability is spot on, right outta the box. For info, this guitar was shipped from USA to Singapore and it arrived unscathed, gig ready!

I have since sold my 2 American Fender strats and a Custom Kiesel Delos I received in July this year. The Cutlass smoked them all.

So, I’ve come across this many times when browsing the forum for Cutlass info. There’s no NGD without pic post.

98E8CF74-3258-44F4-B1B4-76E64EF1EA6D.jpg

5979D827-87B7-4625-8C36-83A055FD5AB5.jpg

71516624-FD64-4FDB-8E35-E2302C38C7B4.jpg

The neck and fretboards a little dry though. Singapore does not carry tru-oil and all I can find is Howard’s Feed n Wax and cleaning oil. Is this ok for roasted maple?

Thanks
Hpuffz

mikeller

Congrats!!!! Great choice, very nice.

As far as the Tru-Oil question, I would recommend Ernie Ball Fretboard Conditioner for the neck and fingerboard. Personally I wipe mine down with string changes and take a clean t-shirt to take up the excess. Are you able to get that product in Singapore?

Tru-oil, if you were to get it, should only be used on the back of the neck and followed a few coats of of Tru-Wax also.

KDude

That's a great color. I know it's a standard option, but I don't think I've actually seen it before.

Can you order from Amazon? I clean with Murphy's oil soap and use Birchwood Gunstock wax. Any fretboard conditioner will do, of course, but you may as well go with Ernie Ball.

hpuffz

Congrats!!!! Great choice, very nice.

As far as the Tru-Oil question, I would recommend Ernie Ball Fretboard Conditioner for the neck and fingerboard. Personally I wipe mine down with string changes and take a clean t-shirt to take up the excess. Are you able to get that product in Singapore?

Tru-oil, if you were to get it, should only be used on the back of the neck and followed a few coats of of Tru-Wax also.

Yes, Ernie Ball Fretboard Conditioner is available at the local music store. The Cutlass also came with 3 complimentary Ernie Ball wipes “)

Noted on tru-oil only on back of neck.

Thanks for share, mikeller.

Cheers!

Hpuffz

hpuffz

That's a great color. I know it's a standard option, but I don't think I've actually seen it before.

Can you order from Amazon? I clean with Murphy's oil soap and use Birchwood Gunstock wax. Any fretboard conditioner will do, of course, but you may as well go with Ernie Ball.

Hi KDude,

Thanks for share.

Yea it’s available on Amazon. But was hoping to get something that’s readily accessible here in Singapore. Will definitely order tru-oil and gunstock wax In future cos that’s what the team in Ernie Ball uses!

Hpuffz

TripHazard

Magic choice - has the SSS myself before I had the Hunter Hayes (which is in the same realm colourwise)
Love my cutlass guitars

Jp6Fanatic

Awesome cutlass!! And just wow that neck, something about roasted necks always does it for me.

Paulg2uk

Nice congrats, I have the SSS config in that finish. Probably looking to sell it though for another HSS in charcoal sparkle. Also have a charcoal frost in the HSS finish as well. Fantastic guitars! they look good and sound good period!

edhalen

Congrats and welcome to the family! As you've discovered you won't find better guitars anywhere, period! As you're also finding out there no better community to be a part of than this one, period! :)

Top Bottom