• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

PeteDuBaldo

Ok, now that I've got some bass photos I'll share over on this side, too!

The Diablo Blue exclusive run was designed by Pete DuBaldo (hey, that's me!) from DuBaldo Music Center in collaboration with Ernie Ball Music Man. A tremendous thanks to the entire Ball Family & staff at the MusicMan factory who graciously spent a lot of time helping me create this awesome exclusive run. Sterling, Brian, and Scott, thank you very much for the invitation out to the factory!

While visiting the Ernie Ball Music Man factory earlier this year I selected a new pearl/metallic blue with a high-gloss finish, accompanied by a never before used hand-rubbed blue stain for models with maple tops.

The guitars in this exclusive run all feature solid rosewood necks with ebony fretboards and stainless steel frets.
The basses in this exclusive run feature roasted maple necks with ebony fingerboards and stainless steel frets. Standard body woods, inlays, and electronics are complimented by chrome hardware.

Our first dealer-exclusive run is limited to just 5 pieces for each model, and yes, they include a certificate of authenticity.

The naming of the color "Diablo" blue is a humorous play on how people commonly mispronounce the DuBaldo family name - and yes, I'm serious - it happens on a weekly basis!

Estimated instrument arrival schedule:

October and early November - JP15 & Axis Semi-Hollow

November - Luke 3 HH & StingRay Special Basses

December - JP6 w/ piezo & JP inlays (original model)

We have 5 basses in this initial run, 2x StingRay 4H, 2x 4HH, and 1x 5HH model on the way, the first SR4H showed up this morning!

And last but not least, at the bottom of the page is a video with some factory footage and a bit of me blabbing about my thought process in designing this run.

Enjoy!

StingRay Special 4H (#1) Weight 8lb 11oz
Diablo-Blue-StingRay-Special-4H-G86126-2.jpg

Diablo-Blue-StingRay-Special-4H-G86126-4.jpg

Diablo-Blue-StingRay-Special-4H-G86126-8.jpg

Diablo-Blue-StingRay-Special-4H-G86126-11.jpg

Diablo-Blue-StingRay-Special-4H-G86126-13.jpg

PeteDuBaldo

Monahan

LOVE the color choices you went with! Admittidly, I'm a sucker for blue anyway LOL.

The video was fun too-- I'm sure all of those will find new homes quickly. Perhaps I'll sell off some of my lesser used gear to raise funds for one of the Stingray 4HH models :D

Wim Laven

Prize Winning Journalist
Hey, I'm not sure I get this:

"We have 5 basses in this initial run, 2x StingRay 4H, 2x 4HH, and 1x 5HH model on the way, the first SR4H showed up this morning!"

"Initial run" and "5 per model" and I'm just curious, is this saying more will be made in the future, or sold somewhere else, or what?

Thanks ;)

PeteDuBaldo

Hey, I'm not sure I get this:

"We have 5 basses in this initial run, 2x StingRay 4H, 2x 4HH, and 1x 5HH model on the way, the first SR4H showed up this morning!"

"Initial run" and "5 per model" and I'm just curious, is this saying more will be made in the future, or sold somewhere else, or what?

Thanks ;)

Right now I don't have any plans to order more basses, but if the demand is high enough then you never know - it just might happen!

bdgotoh

My latest MM bass arrived right before the end of the year, nice birthday present to myself. The color is lovely and the bass sounds and feels terrific. Here's the family pic, thanks Pete!

Last edited:
Top Bottom