• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

katsumura78

Hey ! I’m trying to put the new DC/RM Dimarzios in my 7 string. Do I need to order them with the quick connects? Thanks for the any help/info on this.

Dave

Markx

The Monarchy does use the quick disconnect pickups. I just did the opposite and put the Sonic Ecstacy pickups from the Monarchy in my 2019 Kinetic Blue 7 string.

The DC/RM pickups can be ordered to fit. Hit up Pete at Dubaldo Music for a custom order with Dimarzio.

katsumura78

Thanks for the info. Dimarzio is doing 25% off today so I wanted to take advantage of that.

Paulg2uk

I was wondering the same. I'd like to swap out my sonic ecstasy pickups in my Monarchy majesty as well. Quick connect sounds like a really good idea. Even I can swap those out. I'm pretty useless at this sort of thing usually. Thanks guys.

Paulg2uk

Would you need F spaced or standard spacing on these pickups for a majesty?

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

Just checking something, I'm being told by my dealer over here in the UK that the quick connect system I can't order it's not an option from Dimarzio. Does that sound right to you?

Cheers

Paul

Paulg2uk

I've asked a couple of other dealers will see that they say. The other dealer said it's not an option. Sounds strange to me. Unless the connector blocks are removable and they can be put on the new pickups. I've asked Music Man over here in the UK as well just in case.

Last edited:

Paulg2uk

I'm struggling to find the answer over here in the UK. My other dealer says the same there's no option for the quick connect system. I've asked the Music man distributor over here to see if the connector blocks are removable. I think I'll have to take one of the pickups out from my majesty to see for myself.

Still waiting on a reply from Dimarzio.

mildew

I put hot pafs in my majesty, (i wired quick connect leads onto normal pickups) and i love the way it sounds. Shred ergonomics with dad rock tonez :) One thing to be aware of - the pickup routes in the majesty are shallow and tiny. Hopefully a custom dimarzio order will be able to compensate for that.

Paulg2uk

I just can't seem to get any info from anyone over here in the UK. I've emailed Dimarzio a couple of times but no response. Both my dealer and distributor don't seem to have any info or product codes about the quick connect system.

PeteDuBaldo

I just can't seem to get any info from anyone over here in the UK. I've emailed Dimarzio a couple of times but no response. Both my dealer and distributor don't seem to have any info or product codes about the quick connect system.

Here's how our last special order with DiMarzio looked. They were black bobbins with black pole pieces (the extra +BK is for black pole pieces).
Rainmaker Part DP281SP
--------------Description DP281BK+BK PCB
Dreamcatcher Part DP282FSP
--------------Description DP282FBK+BK PCB

Paulg2uk

Here's how our last special order with DiMarzio looked. They were black bobbins with black pole pieces (the extra +BK is for black pole pieces).
Rainmaker Part DP281SP
--------------Description DP281BK+BK PCB
Dreamcatcher Part DP282FSP
--------------Description DP282FBK+BK PCB

Thank you Pete, much appreciated I will give the product codes to my dealer. Hopefully it should be straightforward for them.

Medic05

Im so confused anymore on swapping out these pups.
If I wanted to try Bare Knuckle pickups in my Majesty 2018, what would that look like?
I contacted DiMarzio and they said it would be an extra charge to have HUMBUCKERS made for the Majesty 2018 guitar.
Why??

What is going on in this cavity of this guitar that I don't understand?

PeteDuBaldo

Im so confused anymore on swapping out these pups.
If I wanted to try Bare Knuckle pickups in my Majesty 2018, what would that look like?
I contacted DiMarzio and they said it would be an extra charge to have HUMBUCKERS made for the Majesty 2018 guitar.
Why??

What is going on in this cavity of this guitar that I don't understand?

Your 2018 Majesty has the quick connect baseplate which is an extra charge option when ordering custom pickups from DiMarzio

LordRiffenstein

To go along with what Pete pointed out, the quick connect pickups have a smaller base and have no legs so normal pickups will not fit in a guitar routed for them. I ran into this issue with a JP15 awhile back. I foolishly had the guitar routed and pickups modified to fit. Only later did I learn you could order from Dimarzio with the quick connect base, and the worst part is that I put in Dimarzio pickups...

Top Bottom