• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Banban_

Hi,

I can buy this guitar for 300$, and it has a good chance to be a fake, but I need the look of experts on it.

The neck joint is oddly weird, the neckplate has no logo and sn on it.

mm1.jpg
mm2.jpg
mm3.jpg
mm4.jpg
mm5.jpg

Thank you in advance

headcrash

Might be an O.L.P., not the real thing though for sure. Neckplate is only 4 screws, no logo on it, neckbase would be shaped towars neck pocket.

Sosomething

Man, nothing about this guitar looks right.

• I don't think EBMM ever made an Axis or EVH model with a carved top like that.
  • The routing around the pickups isn't normal.
  • The control plates and location of the controls isn't right.
  • I don't think EBMM ever made one of these with a 4-bolt neck joint. You might be able to find one of the old 6-bolt ones, but when they went to the all-access neck joint, they switched to a nicely radiused heel and the standard 5-bolt plate.
  • The neck itself is wonky af. That heel is disgusting. I don't think you'll find any modern-era EBMM that has several inches of just flat-ass neck heel rising up beyond the neck pocket.
  • The headstock shape is close but seems slightly out of proportion, as do the angle of the B and E tuning machines.
  • The finish on the neck appears to be tinted lacquer and not the oil & gunstock wax EBMM uses.
  • The total lack of any serial # is a pretty dead giveaway.

I suppose there's the tiniest remote chance that this could be a really old EVH prototype, but the thing that makes me think it's just a badly-executed fake is the level of generally shoddy workmanship all around. I really don't think EBMM would do such a poor seam on a bookmatched top and then let that thing out the door. And the "Made In" stamp on the back of the headstock is sloppy as well, among a number of other little details.

It might still be worth $300 as a guitar, but I'm 99.9% sure it's fake.

KDude

Eddie once said that his guitars would be worth as much as Les Pauls one day. Little did he know that they'd be faked as much too :D

tbonesullivan

Fake Fake Fake

There's so much wrong about it.

Eddie once said that his guitars would be worth as much as Les Pauls one day. Little did he know that they'd be faked as much too :D

Maybe, if he didn't mod and hack them all to pieces over the years. He doesn't look to have been gentle with his guitars, ever, and also his desire very early for endorsement deals means that there are a ton of different guitars of varying quality from different manufacturers with 'his name' on them.

KDude

Fake Fake Fake

There's so much wrong about it.

Maybe, if he didn't mod and hack them all to pieces over the years. He doesn't look to have been gentle with his guitars, ever, and also his desire very early for endorsement deals means that there are a ton of different guitars of varying quality from different manufacturers with 'his name' on them.

Oh I didn't mean every one of his guitars (although that's probably true too). I just meant when the EBMM model came out, there was a video of him praising it's utility and humble looks, and he said that one day they'll be worth as much as the vintage Les Pauls of those days (early 90s... seems about right).

Top Bottom