• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Monahan

Last Fall (2018) I had a major change to my bass collection as I was downsizing, and trying new things. Ended up with a core collection that did not include Music Man (I've had a Stingray 4 sing 2013). Not because I didn't like the MM basses, rather an opportunity to own my personal Mcguffin-- a Rickenbacker 4003. Two actually.

A year later I learned that my sentimental bass was getting in the way of my playing; the Rick has several quirks which were becoming burdensome. It was like dating Jennifer Anniston, and later discovering that that thing she does is really, really irritating. That may be stretching it a bit, but you get the picture ;)

Meanwhile, I discovered that our local shop had recently received a new Stingray Special in my favorite of all finishes-- Aqua Sparkle(!) So the shop owner is now with Jennifer... err-- rather, the Rickenbackers, and I am the happy owner of this new Stingray Special.

SrS1.jpg

Just excited to be back in the Music Man camp and wanted to share it with y'all :D

Last edited:

Monahan

Thanks Daniel! I'm really happy to be back.

I'm sure Jen is a wonderful woman, and hopefully she understands the analogy :D

KevinM

I don't get on this forum much these days but welcome back, Monahan.
That Aqua Sparkle is a nice color.

five7

If the rick was Jen, this new one is Scarlett.

danny-79

Thanks guys!

I took it out this weekend, and boy did it sound good at volume :D

Thanks to the SRS 18v preamp and pickups, I'm itching to test drive a Bongo... funny how that works~

Bongo itch so soon :D
Do it! You will not regret it :cool:

danny-79

I've been keeping an eye out for one to try, but it's probably a few years down the road for me to own one... and there's the matter of Old Smoothie tributes that I'm quite fond of as well ;)

It took me about 8yrs to finally get one. I’d either have the cash and couldn’t find one or the other way around. Glad I’ve finally got one. Need one in every colour and configuration now :D
Beast of a tool, it just throws everything into the red. There needs a book writing. “How to tame your Bongo” lol

Top Bottom