• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Doug OC

Just got an Albert Lee in a trade, but couldn't get much info about it. It's had at least the bridge pickup replaced with a humbucker. Anybody recognize the specific model? Think the singles are original?

82EF7062-32B0-46A7-9491-394A0866B5B0.jpg

Attachments

• 82EF7062-32B0-46A7-9491-394A0866B5B0.jpg
    82EF7062-32B0-46A7-9491-394A0866B5B0.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 133

beej

Hard to know which Seymour Duncan that is. You'd have to take the guard off and look at the label on the back.

Not sure, but the other two don't look original either, by the polepiece heights. If the bridge was replaced, they've probably put noiseless in the other spots as well.

Doug OC

Thx. I was afraid I would have to dig around to figure out the specifics. This is the bridge, original?

EF1B07E6-E0BF-44C1-AE70-0DB2BE17C7A8.jpg

beej

The bridge is correct, however the saddles have been changed. Normally they come with vintage (bent) saddles- these are block ones. Less "zing". Personal preference. Looks like the previous owner was going for more superstrat than classic strat.

You can get the original saddles from MM btw.

Doug OC

Cool, thx. Whatever he was going for, it sounds and plays beautifully. Good to know a bit more about it, tho.

Daniel

Thx. I was afraid I would have to dig around to figure out the specifics. This is the bridge, original?

View attachment 36110

This is the correct bridge plate. However, the previous owner changed out the saddles to our solid steel saddles from the Super Sport Axis. This is common for people who have trouble resting their hand on the saddle height screws on the vintage saddles. If you would like to put the original saddle back on it, reach out to me at [email protected] and we'll help you find what you need.
The pickups are not original. Seymour Duncan makes a variety of mini-humbuckers. If you look at the back of the pickup it should tell you what it is.

Doug OC

This is the correct bridge plate. However, the previous owner changed out the saddles to our solid steel saddles from the Super Sport Axis. This is common for people who have trouble resting their hand on the saddle height screws on the vintage saddles. If you would like to put the original saddle back on it, reach out to me at [email protected] and we'll help you find what you need.
The pickups are not original. Seymour Duncan makes a variety of mini-humbuckers. If you look at the back of the pickup it should tell you what it is.

Thx, Daniel. Appreciate the info.

Top Bottom