• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

sarnadlevector

Hello,

I'm the proud new owner of a 2018 Stingray. I love it and it's probably one of the most comfortable guitars I've ever played.

Random question...has anyone experimented with putting a set of P90s in a Stingray....replacing the stock HHs? if so...how did it turn out? any specific recommendations on brand/model pickups?

ty,

sv

xjbebop

A real nice set up is a bucker at the bridge and a P90 in the neck position.
I took a chance a while back and bought a GFS humbucker sized P90 (don't recall which one at the moment...)
I was very surprised with just how good it sounds!

sarnadlevector

Nice...yeah...if you have any info on the specific model (or anyone else has recommendations) I'd love to hear'em. I'm very inclined to go the route of a p90 in the neck :)

sarnadlevector

I'm starting to look seriously at some Duncan or Mojotone H-sized P90s. I'm just gonna do the neck pickup to see how I like it...but I'm leaning that way quickly :). Out of 15 guitars...I have zero P90s :) need to address that ...

BigPickups

I just put a pair of Seymour Duncan Phat Cat's in Stingray RS and couldn't be happier.
I love the original EBMM Humbuckers but there's just something about P-90s or better yet, Jazzmaster pickups that I love. If I could fit JM pickups in this guitar without routing I would. I have a set of Lollars in my JM that are incredible and I just put Fralin Humbucker-sized P-90s in my Les Paul and I'll never go back to Humbuckers. I will say that this Stingray RS is just the best guitar I've ever played. I just can't put it down and when I do I just stare at it. Such a beauty! Thank you EBMM for bringing this off-set back to life!!!!

GWDavis28

i wonder what a Stingray with the MM90's would sound like? Maybe they'll make a few for a Vault offering?

I wonder if the route would handle the MM90's?

Glenn |B)

Leeds

Probably a bit late on this thread, but I’ve just put House Of Tone HB sized P90s in my Sting Ray RS for a bit of a wider range sound.

Top Bottom