• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ameyakapnadak

I've got a 2014 Music Man John Petrucci Piezo model. Looking for a replacement battery compartment (it takes a 9v battery on the back) since I managed to crack the one on my guitar. Been looking for part numbers and places to order. I live in India so very few (i.e. ZERO) places here that readily stock those parts. Any pointers welcome.
TIA
Ameya

Spudmurphy

Hiya and welcome .
As they commonly say on here - "The guitar doesn't exist without pics" ....so we'd love to see your guitar?

The battery compartment is a proprietary part - i.e. it's used on many guitars and you should be able to track one down. try messaging Beej on here- he's the electronics wiz kid.
I've changed a few and my biggest tip is to leave the red and black wires attached to the new battery compartment and splice them to the existing guitar cables using electrical solder and heat shrink. Theres' a risk of melting the contact points on the new box if you use too much heat via the soldering iron.

Last edited:

Daniel

I've got a 2014 Music Man John Petrucci Piezo model. Looking for a replacement battery compartment (it takes a 9v battery on the back) since I managed to crack the one on my guitar. Been looking for part numbers and places to order. I live in India so very few (i.e. ZERO) places here that readily stock those parts. Any pointers welcome.
TIA
Ameya

Hi there, Reach out to me at [email protected] and I'll help you find distributor in your area.

Top Bottom