• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

strummer

Enormous Member

Rod Trussbroken

I can't specifically comment on the Bongo but "Sky Blue" was announced as a new colour in Jan 2011 and was discontinued (for some instruments) for orders after 31 Oct 2015.

Last edited:

danny-79

I have always loved light blue basses, and since my frist Bongos were Orange, dark green and Dargie green i tnink your 2011 guess is better, as per this post:
http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball-music-man-basses/50284-sky-blue-bongo.html#post832754

Light Blue is one of my favourite colours for a bass hence refinishing StingRay in Daphne Blue, all time favourite.
Sky Blue wasn’t an option though lol :p

It definitely wasn't available in 2003.

Didn’t think it was. There were definitely some bold and interesting colours at that time though, I still want a Desert Gold Bongo.
Am I right in saying that there were three types of gold finish in the first year ? Desert, Medallion and there was a shade between the two ? But that could be different years as well though. Not sure

strummer

Enormous Member
Am I right in saying that there were three types of gold finish in the first year ? Desert, Medallion and there was a shade between the two ? But that could be different years as well though. Not sure

There was Desert Gold, which is bright orange (and my first Bongo). Can't remember if there was an actual golden paint job at the beginning though.

danny-79

There was Desert Gold, which is bright orange (and my first Bongo). Can't remember if there was an actual golden paint job at the beginning though.

It was very similar to Desert Gold just a bit lighter, can’t remember its name

danny-79

Tangerine pearl !!

T A N G E R I N E
P E A R L
:D

that’s seriously been bugging me !

Last edited:

strummer

Enormous Member
No quite possibly not 2003 but pretty close after it. Desert Gold is the classic Bingo colour. What configuration was yours again?

5HH
attachment.php

Top Bottom