• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Ejhinchey

I just purchased a 2019 Majesty and been told by some folks that I need a tremelno in order to keep tuning on point if I’m going to tune down/up a lot. Other say no... I know floating bridges like the floyd rose don’t do well when changing tuning but how about this one? Thx in advance

LordRiffenstein

It's a floating bridge so you'll probably want a tremelno if you're going to change tunings a lot. You could maybe get away with just drop D but if you're doing multiple strings it's going to cause issues.

beej

A floating trem balances string tension with spring tension. So yes, anytime you change tuning, the trem is going to move and rest in a different place (making the tuning change difficult to do).

Add me to the 'I need one too' list. I'm playing my Luke a lot more and I'd like to use with the band, but we do one set dropped half a step. So I either have to block the trem for down only, or get something like the tremol-no.

Hey Kev- if you do it, let me know how it goes.

Mace13

Hi there,

Quick fix for the different tunings and floating bridge is to get different guitars. :) It really is the perfect excuse to increase you inventory of EBMM guitars.

LesPaul

Hi there,

Quick fix for the different tunings and floating bridge is to get different guitars. :) It really is the perfect excuse to increase you inventory of EBMM guitars.
Or, if all you need to do is change overall pitch, i.e. E std down to D or C std, if you can afford an Axe FX III, you can use the Virtual Capo mode of the Pitch block. Not cheap, but cheaper than multiple high end guitars.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

vuduhwy

You know, the real answer is just to buy another Luke and tune it to Eb

beej

... if you can afford an Axe FX III, you can use the Virtual Capo mode of the Pitch block.
Digitech's Drop pedal is convincingly good, too. But it's not quite the same as having the guitar resonate in the key you're playing in, just feels off (and you don't get the same natural feedback).

Top Bottom