• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

wesman11483

I'll be spending this holiday season with my in-laws in San Luis Opisbo...what's the deal with tours? Is this even an option? Would love to check out the mother ship.

tbonesullivan

I would email directly. Usually I don't believe that they offer tours, but the only way to find out is to email them.

Of course, holiday season for many businesses is either mostly vacation, or constant fire drill status.

Magic Jason

While touring the USA 3 years ago, I was driving 10 miles away from SLO. I couldn't resist and I showed up. (Though I had been warned they do NOT offer tours.) They were polite but I wasn't even allowed to have a look through an open door. I was still pleased to see the outside of the building where it all happens ! You might be luckier than me, who knows? And there is no big MM sign on the building so it is not so easy to find!

Last edited:

Keno

While touring the USA 3 years ago, I was driving 10 miles away from SLO. I couldn't resist and I showed up. (Though I had been warned they do NOT offer tours.) They were polite but I wasn't even allowed to have a look through an open door. I was still pleased to see the outside of the building where it all happens ! You might be luckier than me, who knows? And there is no big MM sign on the building so it is not so easy to find!

Which actually makes perfect sense, I mean it`s a place of business where the instruments are actually being made every day. I work at an investment bank and ”fans” showing up for a tour would not make the front entrance for regulatory, safety, compliance reasons (we do not have any fans - we make money, not guitars).

With that said EBMM should shut down production one afternoon per year, invite all forum knuckleheads and take orders on the spot which most likely should make up for the down time revenue wise :)

ksandvik

Yes, it's a gray factory building. Nothing fancy, no museum et rest. BTW I showed up in the Fender visitor center in Corona CA with a MusicMan T-Shirt some years's back when I stopped by. :).

Magic Jason

Which actually makes perfect sense, I mean it`s a place of business where the instruments are actually being made every day. I work at an investment bank and ”fans” showing up for a tour would not make the front entrance for regulatory, safety, compliance reasons (we do not have any fans - we make money, not guitars).

With that said EBMM should shut down production one afternoon per year, invite all forum knuckleheads and take orders on the spot which most likely should make up for the down time revenue wise :)

I perfectly understand and respect MM "professional approach". I never complained in my post, just shared my experience. But once again, I live in Europe and was so close, I had to give it a shot. No regrets, no hard feelings. ;)

Top Bottom