• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Majesty15

Hi there

An old guitar dream has just been fulfilled as I received my brand new Majesty a few days ago - and what a great opportunity to join the EB forum! It's not the latest model, but a beautiful 2015 EBMM JP Majesty with the Silver Lining finish and my first impression after only a few days is just "WOW!!" (I should have done this years ago…!). 😊 Just starting to get to know all the functions and settings on this beautiful thing and I've just might have found the guitar of my life here!

Before making the final decision to buy one of JP's masterpieces, I did a LOT of research, reading/watching tons of reviews about the Majesty. And when I received my guitar there was one thing about the Piezo function that I couldn’t find any information about, and was hoping some of you might shed some light into. All the Majesty's I've seen prior to my own has the stereo/mono switch in the Piezo volume knob on the front side, but on my 2015 model the switch is accessed through a small hole on the rear side, close to the Piezo EQ settings adjusts.

How come there two kinds of options for the Piezo switch?

Is the rear switch just found on older Majesty models or are there two different versions available? In all articles I've found about the Majesty, from 2019 and earlier, the stereo/mono switch is with the Piezo knob push option, and not on the rear side. I assume that the front option is the latest and newer version as it also has a Piezo stereo/mono status LED light, but what I DON'T understand is that I have found some guitars produced in 2014 that seems to have the mono/stereo switch in front and later models having the switch on the rear side. My guitar was produced in June 2015 and has the switch on the rear side. Was hoping some of you could provide some information about this.

This is not complaining and not a big deal at all for me in any way, but I am just curious what the story is about these two Piezo versions and couldn't find any information when trying to Google it.

Merry Xmas, everyone!

https://i.imgur.com/lAIHHqx.jpg

Attachments

• Majesty.jpg
    Majesty.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 254

PeteDuBaldo

The switch was originally on the piezo volume. The backplate & preamp on the version 2 preamp ( v.2 came out with the 2019 Majesty models) is a different layout, and has the switch accessible from the backplate of the guitar. You've got a 2015 Majesty with the 2019 electronics!

Majesty15

Thanks for the clearup, Pete!
Really!! So it's quite the opposite then? :) But from the info I've found, it seems like not ALL the 2019 models come with the v2 preamp? The description/specification of the 2019 Majesty models on the EB homepage says: "3-way toggle pickup selector, 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector and momentary mono/stereo output knob (Piezo Volume). Are the info and images on the EB website not describing the latest Majesty model? I also find it a bit strange that this new v2 preamp is not mentioned anywhere? (at least I couldn't find any info about it).

However, one thing I noticed was that all the Majesty models I looked up from different sites with serialnumbers starting with M11xxx have the piezo push/pull knob, but I found a few starting with serialno M12xxx (september 2019) having the v2 version, same as mine.

Anyway, not sure if there are any difference in performance between these two versions, but happy to have the latest one if that's the case! :)

PS: Your band sounds great btw! :cool:

Last edited:

PeteDuBaldo

Thanks for the clearup, Pete!
Really!! So it's quite the opposite then? :) But from the info I've found, it seems like not ALL the 2019 models come with the v2 preamp? The description/specification of the 2019 Majesty models on the EB homepage says: "3-way toggle pickup selector, 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector and momentary mono/stereo output knob (Piezo Volume). Are the info and images on the EB website not describing the latest Majesty model? I also find it a bit strange that this new v2 preamp is not mentioned anywhere? (at least I couldn't find any info about it).

However, one thing I noticed was that all the Majesty models I looked up from different sites with serialnumbers starting with M11xxx have the piezo push/pull knob, but I found a few starting with serialno M12xxx (september 2019) having the v2 version, same as mine.

Anyway, not sure if there are any difference in performance between these two versions, but happy to have the latest one if that's the case! :)

PS: Your band sounds great btw! :cool:

Glad to help, and thanks for giving a listen!

I don't know of a specific serial number cutoff/production date for the v2 preamp, but we had some Majesty models come through early in the year with the original preamp while the rest have been v2. You'd have to check with EBMM directly, but in the past changes like these have been made for improvements in reliability and production.

kineticblue

This might be a really dumb question, but how do you access the stereo/mono switch on the backplate? I just got a new Dec '19 Majesty with the same setup.

Majesty15

There should be a small pinhole labeled "Mono/Stereo"with a push-button switch inside to the left side of the piezo adjustments as shown in the image.

Majesty.jpg

Majesty15

This might be a really dumb question, but how do you access the stereo/mono switch on the backplate? I just got a new Dec '19 Majesty with the same setup.

There should be a small pinhole labeled "Mono/stereo" with a push-button switch inside. Located just to the left of the piezo adjustments if you have the same setup as mine (see image). Use a small pin etc and push it to the lower position to select stereo and upper pos. for mono. Hope this helps.

Majesty.jpg

Last edited:

kineticblue

Thank you! That's what I assumed, but didn't want to start poking around without knowing for sure.

Top Bottom