• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

sluice

Hi all,

TL/DR:
To anyone who played with multiple Majesty's :
- How do the Sonic Ecstasy, Illuminator and Dreamcatcher/Rainmaker compared?
- How much of a difference do the Mahogany wings + Maple top do Versus no top + Basswood wing
- Is there any other JP models that have the same neck size and shape of the Majesty?

Long Story / Blabla :
I've purchased my first Majesty (and second EBMM guitar, had a JPX years ago) a few weeks ago.
I absolutely fell in love with it after playing it, although I didn't dig the color much : Kinetic Blue.

The guitar just sounded and played so great. Neck shape and size was perfect!

All my other beloved instruments are sitting on the wall and each time I switch instruments (for a different tuning) and just have to go back to the Majesty. I've came to the realization : I need a second Majesty for a secondary tuning! :rolleyes:

Looking for suggestions on which models to go with.
Considering, I have a 6 string 2019 Kinetic Blue.

My initial thought have been to get a Stealth Black, but might as well go with one with a Maple top, Right? Or Perhaps with different pickups? Ohhh the dilemma... :D

My options :
  • 2019 model with Maple Top and mahogany wings : Enchanted Forest or Blue Honu, most likely
  • 2019 Stealth Black (This will pretty much sound the same as my current Kinectic Blue :confused:)
  • Monarchy Majesty(I get my wood difference, but also different pickups with the Sonic Ecstasy)
  • A 2018 model with the Illuminators Pickup.

johnnyboogie

They all sound pretty much the same. Regardless of wings or pickups. Not to mention, you can always swap pickups. Go with the one that looks best to you.

Top Bottom