• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

nick_in_STL

Good evening all,

I have a gen 1 Majesty (serial number in the 300s), and my first string (high e) is constantly breaking - i.e., can break a brand new string inside of 10 minutes. I'm positive there is a burr inside of the saddle/bridge for this string, but I'm not sure how to take it apart to get in there and file it down. Anyone has experience with this or something similar?

Thanks,
Nick

pquessy

Have you solve this issue ? I have the same on my Majesty Steakhouse Blue... never had this issue with my original JP6 but I can't use my Majesty as it breaks the 1st string at the saddle...

GWDavis28

PQuessy, old thread man. Welcome. Have you checked the saddle for any burrs?

Glenn |B)

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
You just hav'nt found it yet. If the string is always breaking at the saddle, something is causing it and it's almost certainly the same thing every time. Look at the end of the string after it breaks. The position of the break on the string will show you where the problem on the saddle is. Back in my gigging days with a strat I had to constantly chase these things. I would use a small round needle file followed by sand paper rolled as tightly as I could get it.

Or just call customer service and order a new saddle.

Top Bottom