• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

noClue

Is there anywhere I can buy this part internationally. Unfortunately, musicman only ships to US address. Have emailed their customer service, got a few replies then they just went silent. Its just frustrating that such a small and cheap part is so difficult to buy. Hope they consider us international owners when selling their parts

DrMatthewCross

I've had the same experience. I wanted to buy some shims, so I contacted EBMM. The told me to ask to Eko (italian distributor), because they can't sell directly to me. Eko told me to ask to a local EBMM authorized seller, and the seller told me to ask to EBMM, again.
Long story short, I took the bass to a luthier who made and installed a shim.
Not very good experience, to be honest.

noClue

I did went to our local dealer first but they were just pushing the blame on my cables instead. I contacted EBMM and got two replies and they just went quiet. I think in the future, EBMM international owners should be wary of this issue. How much is the input jack, 4 USD, a simple fix and yet makes an expensive instrument unusable

noClue

I've had the same experience. I wanted to buy some shims, so I contacted EBMM. The told me to ask to Eko (italian distributor), because they can't sell directly to me. Eko told me to ask to a local EBMM authorized seller, and the seller told me to ask to EBMM, again.
Long story short, I took the bass to a luthier who made and installed a shim.
Not very good experience, to be honest.

From where I am, I dont think anyone can customise or repair that input jack. This situation sucks, and the slow response from EBMM makes it worse.

njhammer

Might, in fact, be an issue with the cable you use - some brands actually cause a loss of contact in the jack socket due to width and I've had this problem myself. Easy fix.

strummer

Enormous Member
I understand the frustration vented in this thread, but it is totally unfair to blame EBMM USA if the importers and shops in your countries do not do their jobs (at least in the short run. In the long run I guess EBMM won't be satisfied with importers not doing their jobs, but that's a different story...)
I have gotten help from swedish shops, and also once from the swedish importer (when the shop couldn't help me). Just don't let them give you the runaround.
Regarding the issue with the input jack I am completely lost. Afaik it's standard type jack, available in every guitar shop, certainly not an EBMM exclusive.

DrMatthewCross

I respectfully disagree.
It's 100% EBMM responsibility to choose reliable importers/distributors etc. Period.
If they do care about customers, they should listen to them and act accordingly.

DrMatthewCross

He's clearly not from the US, so I don't think it matters that much because they don't ship outside the US.
We must contact local distributors to get replacements parts and repairs, which can be a problem. I'm pretty sure EBMM knows that very well.
In my own experience with this, If you want to purchase an expensive part, the local distributor can add your item to the order list and you must wait until they place the order, which usually includes many items for different people, not just yours. Sometimes they're quick, sometime's they're not and you can do nothing to speed up the process.
If you want to purchase a very inexpensive item (shims, knobs, small parts etc.) the "passing the buck" game is pretty common, because they don't have any interest in selling that item(s) to you.
About repairs, it can be a real PITA depending on where you live, because of bureucracy, shipping times, and many other factors (including risks of damage).
I have a brand new StingRay Special in repair and, as much as I'm sure I can count on EBMM guys and they're managing the situation well, two months has passed and I'm still waiting for my bass.
I'm not in a hurry, but outside of the US is a complete different story and we all know that.

Last edited:

Rod Trussbroken

I did went to our local dealer first but they were just pushing the blame on my cables instead. I contacted EBMM and got two replies and they just went quiet. I think in the future, EBMM international owners should be wary of this issue. How much is the input jack, 4 USD, a simple fix and yet makes an expensive instrument unusable

Hi noClue. I'll send you one gratis.

Email me your address:

HERE

tbonesullivan

A better option would just be to say which jack they use, and let people source it locally themselves. The jacks are definitely NOT proprietary.

Of course, it would also be a good idea to list which brands of cables are out of spec with regards to cable ends. These are brands whose "solution" to bad connectivity or cables being loose is simply to make the ends bigger, which damages the jacks, making them require replacement.

Last edited:

DrMatthewCross

Since I mentioned my experience here, I just want to inform you guys that my StingRay Special is back home from service and everything is working properly now.
I hope the OP solved his problem too.

Top Bottom