• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jmmp

Hmmm
Maple top, direct mount humbuckers (although they look a little different), contoured back.

Maybe a Luke model (BFR variation?)
Or maybe a JPXX?!

Last edited:

St_G

Yeah, I saw that on Twitter this morning. Definitely looks like some sort of carved-top Strat. Not really my thing at all, but they must sell, since so many companies make a version.

jmmp

HH Cutlass Flame Top.

I hope not! I can’t afford more EBMMs..... although I could probably sell my stingray to fund such an instrument.

A JP based on the score/20th anniversary petrucci model would also be dangerous, especially if it had the PAF style pickups in it (like I believe JP’s did?)

Kinjin

There were pictures leaked on Facebook months ago of someone holding the guitar and sitting with it (2? 3? pics). They were promptly removed, but as nothing is ever gone once it's on the internet, I saved them to my desktop. A few weeks after it was removed with nothing else said about it, I reposted the pics and asked whatever happened with it; my post was deleted and I got a nastygram telling me to never post them again...

Bungo

There were pictures leaked on Facebook months ago of someone holding the guitar and sitting with it (2? 3? pics). They were promptly removed, but as nothing is ever gone once it's on the internet, I saved them to my desktop. A few weeks after it was removed with nothing else said about it, I reposted the pics and asked whatever happened with it; my post was deleted and I got a nastygram telling me to never post them again...

I've seen those. As you say, they are always out there once on the internet, whatever nastygrams get sent. :D

Razzle

It's gotta be a Steve Morse SM-Y2D, it's the only EB I know of with that body + binding.

Astrofreq

See you at NAMM! Pete, I’ll meet you in the dealer room. :) I’ve finally talked the store I do a little work for to stock some EBMM guitars.

Red_Label

My guess, is a Morse Super Strat type w/ contours (finally). Or a Cutlass w/ a maple top option.

Man that would be awesome. I loved my Y2D in purple sunset. Such flawless fit&finish and playability. But because I have issues with the ulnar nerve in my right arm, I HAVE to have a contour there. So the Y2D got sold. Too bad, because I really loved that guitar.

Top Bottom