• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

LesPaul

I know it's off topic, but this a sad day for prog fans no matter what instrument we play. Rush was a big influence on me growing up and when you think of them, you think of Neil, Alex and Geddy.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

dibart77

I am pretty gutted by this. I mean, we're all getting older every year and it's coming for us all, but there are some people who have had such an impact on millions of people that you feel their loss just a little more. I pray for his family and bandmates. RIP Neil Peart.

JasonT

I am pretty gutted by this. I mean, we're all getting older every year and it's coming for us all, but there are some people who have had such an impact on millions of people that you feel their loss just a little more. I pray for his family and bandmates. RIP Neil Peart.

Ditto this. RUSH’s music has been such an important part of my life. Crushed by this news. Neil Peart was one of a kind.

beej

Rush was the reason I picked up the guitar, and my biggest musical influence. What a huge, huge, huge loss.

Bungo

I still remember a London Rush gig on the Roll The Bones tour, when I'd only been able to get a seat high up on one of the sides, looking down at the people on the arena floor.

Hundreds of air drummers arms all playing along to Neil.

RIP Professor.

Red_Label

Truly the end of an era. A Rush poster from the 1981 Exit Stage Left concert hangs above my desk.

"When I heard that he was gone
I felt a shadow cross my heart"

ETA: watching the Minnesota vs San Francisco NFL game and they just played "Limelight" for their bumper music. Glad that so many are paying tribute.

Last edited:

edhalen

+1

headcrash

Oh, so sad. I got really late to listening to Rush, must be 12 years ago, far down into my 30s, but there were times, when I couldn't listen to anything different.
I love listeing to the whole discography chronologically, everytime I have the time.
Expecially Neil's playing was something to watch for on every record in their discography, even for me as a guitarist...
My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Top Bottom