• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

BenMajesty

Hi!

Im new to these forums although ive owned my 7 string Majesty guitar for under a year now. Ive been playing for 20 years now and am always trying to improve myself in every way by fully dedicating my life to this great world of music.

So i have a Sterling Majesty 170x and have literally broken the high e around 10 times now. I never have this issue with any of my other guitars. Ive called Sterling/praxis and they sent me a new locking tuner and saddle. I lubricated these points with proper lubricant as well. If anyone can recommend me new saddles and locking tuners that would be great. Im wanting to upgrade the hardware on this guitar so i dont have these issues. Ive heard graphtech has great stuff but not sure if they have it in 7 string version.

below are links to my music, for the 2 latest albums youre hearing this majesty. thanks so much, and i look forward to hearing responses on new hardware recommendations.

bensairinmusic.bandcamp.com

Ben Sairin Music
- YouTube

jmmp

Where is the string breaking? At the tuner? At the nut? At the saddle/bridge? Under the saddle? If it consistently breaks in a certain place, it may help narrow down where the problem is.

BenMajesty

Where is the string breaking? At the tuner? At the nut? At the saddle/bridge? Under the saddle? If it consistently breaks in a certain place, it may help narrow down where the problem is.

So its seems like for the last 2 or 3 times its been around the bridge, hard to tell either from saddle or where the hole is before the saddle, plus before i changed the saddle it broke alot from those areas too. Last october i took a pic of the snapped ball end of the string and it was shorter than just todays. Today was longer, i have pic below. After replacing the tuner last october, it has not broken there. but before i changed both the saddle and tuner, it broke from the tuner a good amount of times

Attachments

• 81534872_10219642675271102_2948907271075135488_n.jpg
    81534872_10219642675271102_2948907271075135488_n.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 115

BenMajesty

ive been hearing about possibly graphtech saddles, but im not sure which one for this 7 string majesty.

Top Bottom