• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Zamboknee

I wanna get rid of the ugly white pickups on my Sterling by Music Man Silhouette.
Any recommendations?
Open Humbucker covers? Closed?

Attachments

• 2171FB91-5676-4B9B-A7AF-F9D1CFDCC2C3.jpg
    2171FB91-5676-4B9B-A7AF-F9D1CFDCC2C3.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 156

tbonesullivan

I hate to say it, but most people don't think those are ugly. That's a very popular color scheme for a guitar.

The single coil pickups have covers on them, so you may be able to find replacements for them, if you can find ones in the right size. The humbucker pickup would need to have a cover put on it, or replaced, as the bobbins themselves cannot be replaced.

beej

I think it looks pretty sharp, too.

If you were going to swap pickups, I'd look at different colors, covers for the HB, etc. But otherwise it might be more trouble than it's worth.

A quick 'n dirty option is to just put stickers on top of the bobbins. For $10 you'll be set, and hard pressed the tell the difference from a distance. (For example, a google search gave me Pickup Sticker Decal for Humbucker /DiMarzio DP100, there are tons of others.)

Zamboknee

I think it looks pretty sharp, too.

If you were going to swap pickups, I'd look at different colors, covers for the HB, etc. But otherwise it might be more trouble than it's worth.

A quick 'n dirty option is to just put stickers on top of the bobbins. For $10 you'll be set, and hard pressed the tell the difference from a distance. (For example, a google search gave me Pickup Sticker Decal for Humbucker /DiMarzio DP100, there are tons of others.)
Stickers. Brilliant!

fbecir

A black guitar with white pickups ?
david%20gilmour%20stratocaster%2006.jpg

:rolleyes:

(sorry for the non-EBMM guitar, but it's just an illustration of the color scheme ...)

Top Bottom