• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bovinehost

Administrator
I just noticed my last post was my 17,999th post in this forum.

So I felt like making a new thread to reach 18K.

Dang, I've been at this a while, eh?

danny-79

That’s a lot of posts!
Hell of a lot of posts.
I’ve been on this forum for 11years now and not quite at 2K lol :p

bovinehost

Administrator
Sterling probably has me beat! Of course, he also posts on "that other forum", the one with the skinny strings.

Stephen

That is a lot, but keep going!

As I recall, your posts were friendly, funny, informative, constructive and of course pretty much the finest moderation I have seen in about 25 years of surfing the web. (insert thumbs up smily)

So, congratulations and thank you!

scottbass71

You have changed man since 17,000
Seriously congrats and thanks for the moderation of the forum.
I joined 3 months after you and I need to lift my game look at at my bad total!!

Karl

14 replies to a totally senseless thread, pity the same types of numbers don't reply to a thread actually about EB Basses. I cannot understand the mentality of people who start a thread regarding how many posts they have made overall. Little things amuse little minds!

jones4tone

14 replies to a totally senseless thread, pity the same types of numbers don't reply to a thread actually about EB Basses. I cannot understand the mentality of people who start a thread regarding how many posts they have made overall. Little things amuse little minds!

You meant 15 replies, I guess, oh amused one. Sheesh.

bovinehost

Administrator
Thanks for your input. It may well be a totally senseless thread...which you took the time to reply to instead of just moving on.

But hey, if I can help you out with anything, let me know.

Edmang

I thought the post was cool and enjoyed the thread, except for maybe one post! ;).

But everyone is different so what works for some does not necessarily work for others

Some of the bass threads are about specific basses or topics that everyone may not have the experience to be able to comment. So not surprising to me that those posts may not have a lot of replies.

bovinehost

Administrator
The forum has changed over the years, mostly due to corporate necessity. Once, we were a tiny little dark corner of the intertubes, everyone kind of knew everyone else, and sometimes we even met up in real life for drinks and basses and EBMM swag.

There are rumors that we even went to SLO and toured the factory and had some concerts and jammed together and I think at some point there was a costume party and then a big fiesta at a yacht club in the middle of the desert. Could any of that be true?

So if you're relatively new here, well, welcome aboard. Hope you find it instructive. But also understand that there are still a few of us around, we old grizzled veterans, and we remember when we had lots of off-topic fun and games and pterodactyls blackened the skies over San Luis Obispo.

My advice, and it is only that, and you get what you pay for, is that if you come upon a thread or a subject that holds no interest for you, do what I do: walk on by.

Top Bottom